Author Topic: recognition not so great  (Read 854 times)

gamesturbator

recognition not so great
« on: October 03, 2022, 04:23:19 AM »
I've been away for some time as I got hurt and couldn't even use my pc for almost 20 months. Same system installation as when I left it, so I was a little surprised that the recognition was so off. For instance, I repeat Frag, even Frag Nade, and Frag Grenade countless times but it keeps translating that to "fried. cried, even Friday!". LOL I did the basic MS speech recognition over again, but it still doesn't understand the word frag. That is just the start as it's the first thing I tried to dictate.

I use the FIFINE USB Podcast Condenser Microphone, which is what I was using before. I am trying to figure out what setting I need to use. I'll include a screenshot (I've tried different variations):

Hope you are well BTW.  :)

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: recognition not so great
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2022, 04:42:24 AM »
I assume you have a command with the predefined phrase "frag grenade"? Or are you literally attempting to dictate that, for the dictation mode or a wildcard command?

By default, the "Disable Acoustic Echo Cancellation (could help with recognition)" option is normally enabled (checked), which is generally recommended. Other than that your settings are near enough the defaults.

What is certainly worth trying is creating and training a new speech recognition profile, as shown in this topic.

gamesturbator

Re: recognition not so great
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2022, 08:35:54 AM »
Yeah, I tried various ways of saying frag grenade. I even repeated fragmentation grenade, then would say nade, rinse and repeat many times to get the voice recognition to adapt. It wasn't having it. I wasn't in a noisy environment at the time (I live next to the Airforce Base LOL). I'll try the noise suppression anyway, though the settings have been the same since I stopped pc gaming over a year and a half ago when it worked fine. I think it's Windows 10's fault as there is zero reason for the voice recognition to have reset the progress like it did.

Edit: Wrote a big edit but then discovered that I had NOT put Frag by itself in the command. Another one, Melee, didn't work until I enabled "restricted continuous speech". I hacw no idea what it actually means or how it differs from simply "continuous speech", but it seemed to do the trick. Pushing foward till I get this all sorted.