Author Topic: Mic Muted  (Read 1999 times)

jeepster

Mic Muted
« on: November 24, 2021, 10:40:42 AM »
Hi,
i have been using va for many years without severe problems. now va looses connection to my mic after roughly 1 min and shows the red mic symbol (ok on windows 10 side)
I disabled plugin-support for vaicompro but no joy.
i can fix it by clicking on va options and then OK. But this is annoying while in VR.
Help wanted
Ralf

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Mic Muted
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2021, 10:53:38 AM »
Try creating and training a new speech recognition profile. Instructions can be derived from this topic.

jeepster

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2021, 11:15:12 AM »
unfortunately it makes no difference

after 20 sec of silence the mic symbol turns red, but it can be reactivated by voice within 20 secs. if the pause lasts longer than 20 secs the mic symbol stays red. keyboard/ joystick inputs are working properly.

jeepster

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2021, 11:33:03 AM »
solved  :)
logitech g hub software seems to be the bad guy.
after uninstalling everything works like it should.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2021, 11:38:34 AM »
Thanks for the heads up, jeepster.   This may prove helpful for folks down the road.

What is happening is the speech engine is suddenly not receiving any audio signal - opening and clicking, 'OK' on the Options screen resets the speech engine (and other items, regardless of whether or not you make changes - hitting 'Cancel' will do nothing).  Not sure if G Hub is muting the device, changing devices around or if it's just knocking the speech instance out of sorts.  Glad you got it figured out!

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2021, 11:46:57 AM »
Out of curiosity, which headset are you using?

One user reported an issue where muting their headset microphone would cause it to get "stuck" on mute, with a G933 (which is apparently a known issue with that specific headset), and another user reported essentially the same issue you're having, with a G635 or G633s

EDIT: The actual headset may not be all that relevant. Quite a few Logitech headset users are reporting this type of issue in general.

If you'd like to use the G HUB software, you can try disabling the "Noise Removal" option in that software, which some users report resolves the issue (though others report that it doesn't, so YMMV)

jeepster

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2021, 11:05:35 AM »
I'm using a G533 and I'm glad to have my voice assistant back fully functional.
Thanks for your support and your outstanding piece of software.

SemlerPDX

• Global Moderator
  • Upstanding Lunatic
    • My AVCS Homepage
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2021, 12:56:51 PM »
You might also try an older version of G-Hub.  I disable automatic updates for most programs, and glad I did for G-Hub

I can report that my G933 never gets muted using G-Hub version 2021.3.9205 from April 2021
 (and I have Noise Removal activated without issues)

CNCfan

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2021, 12:12:51 PM »
I had the same problem. Using a cheap no name earbud or Turtle Beach Stealth 450.

Removed G  Hub and now all good.