Author Topic: Using IP webcam audio to trigger commands creates echo  (Read 918 times)

coneos

Using IP webcam audio to trigger commands creates echo
« on: July 20, 2021, 09:57:05 AM »
Hi guys,
While filming I'd like to run some VA commands so I use this technique :
  • Play the network audio stream of IP webcam (Android app) in VLC http://@IPCAM:8080/audio.opus
  • Configure the ouput of VLC as a Virtual audio cable input A (VAC A)
  • Configure the input device of VA as a virtual mic line listening to the VAC output  and my PC microphone

NB : My PC mic is not my voice but commands played thru an OBS browser linked to another VAC.

It kinda works so now I can have audio commands triggered from my phone mic and my PC mic at the same time

But now my issue is the echo that I'm creating with that method because the sound coming out of VLC goes into the VAC input then to the VAC input in VA
Unfortunately the input and output of the VAC are linked so I don't know how to not get it to loop.

Not sure if it was clear but I hope you might have a nice idea to catch that audio sound.

Thanks!

coneos

Re: Using IP webcam audio to trigger commands creates echo
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2021, 10:04:38 AM »
And I forgot to say thank you for this amaszing software, really! The documentation is also very well written  :)

PS : I know I can use the other Virtual Audio Cable software that costs 30$ in order to use an audio repeater but if you have a better idea that'd be great!

EDIT : Actually I don't have much echo but I still have to use the other software in order to merge the 2 microphone inputs in VA so that's too bad I might have to use VoiceMacro for my basic real voice commands so that I don't mix inputs.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Using IP webcam audio to trigger commands creates echo
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2021, 05:45:59 PM »
Are you actively using your normal microphone in this configuration? If not, you could mute that device (E.G. using the "Set Audio Level" action).

Do note that a speech recognition profile is intended for a specific microphone, so recognition accuracy may be affected when using a different one.

You could train an additional profile specifically for (and with) that device. Instructions for that can be found here (skip the deletion of the original profile, obviously). This user-created profile may also be of use.