Author Topic: Best / least complicated way to send messages into game (Elite Dangerous)  (Read 5522 times)

vaguexrdx

Just curious what the best way if there is one to quickly send pre-written messages into the game...

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
The "Quick Input" action can type out messages for you.

You can combine that with separate keypress actions, or use key indicators inside the "Quick Input" action, to open a chatbox (E.G. by pressing the T key) and submit your message (E.G. by pressing the Enter key, using the "[ENTER]" indicator).

Press F1 while VoiceAttack has focus to open VoiceAttackHelp.pdf in your default PDF viewer, which contains information on these features.

Also worth mentioning the "Set a Text Value to the Windows Clipboard" action: If the target application supports pasting, you can combine that action with a Ctrl-V or Shift-Insert keypress action.

vaguexrdx

lemme give it a shot.

vaguexrdx

worked perfectly... not to find how you macro shift + mouse .....  ::)

vaguexrdx

Code: [Select]
Start Loop While :  Keyboard Key 'Left Alt' Is Pressed
    Begin Device State Check :  Left Mouse Button Is Pressed
        Write ' Left Alt + Left Mouse detected' to log
        Loop Break
    End Condition
End Loop
Set the "When I press keys" option to "Left Alt"; Pressing and holding Left Alt will start the command, if you click the left mouse button while Left Alt is still pressed, anything before "Loop Break" will execute, and the command will stop checking for the combination and end(otherwise it'll execute continuously while Left Alt and the Left Mouse Button are down).

I found this... like im dumb.. can you help explain it in another way ? Sorry <3

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
worked perfectly... not to find how you macro shift + mouse .....  ::)
If you mean shift-clicking a mouse button, you can split a keypress action into a press and release, with the click action in-between, E.G.
Code: [Select]
Press down Left Shift key
Click left mouse button
Release Left Shift key

Some games may require a short pause between pressing the shift key and the mouse click.

I found this... like im dumb.. can you help explain it in another way ? Sorry <3

Explain what? That structure will check whether the left Alt key is held down, while it's held down check whether the left mouse button is pressed, and if both conditions are true, execute any actions before the loop break, as it mentions.

That has nothing to do with having VoiceAttack press keys or buttons for you. Rather, it's to detect when you are holding down a key and clicking a mouse button, to act upon that.

vaguexrdx

I figured it all out <3 u so much ur the best mod ever I learned to read :)

vaguexrdx

I was mostly like unsure how to get to the whole loop end loop thing.. and how to organize the command. but I read and i learned.

vaguexrdx

Any idea why the quick input command types so slowly from when I used it yesterday? Before i had it a 0.001 in the quick input timing settings and it would type a 20 word or so sentence in like 1 second... now it takes about 5+ seconds.. I tried creating the macro in another profile, editing the original to even 0.000 (slightly faster), tried a fresh profile... so slow now..

Gary

• Administrator
Hi, there

If you didn't change anything in VA to make it, 'type' slower, you've most likely got a recent Windows update that would be causing that:  https://forum.voiceattack.com/smf/index.php?topic=3485.msg17375#msg17375

Not sure how people are still getting these types of updates from Microsoft, but it's still going on somehow.  There is an issue with a certain build  (or builds?) that have problems when accepting virtual input (that would mean any application that emits virtual input, which includes VoiceAttack). 

As it stands, there's not much that can be done by anybody other than Microsoft.  You may want to try rolling back any recent Windows update per Microsoft's instructions to do so.

Sorry about that :(

vaguexrdx

hm ok I cant think of any update or change in VA ... is there a setting outside the settings within the command that would adjust the speed ? and for microsoft is there a global setting or something that i could possibly alter ?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
It's not a setting, as far as I'm aware, unfortunately. VoiceAttack is still making the exact same API calls, but Windows is processing them a lot more slowly.

You can check your update history in the settings app, under "Update & Security", "Windows Update", "View update history", to see which updates where installed and when.

vaguexrdx

Hmmm tried what I thought would do anything if it were to but no.  WHats the next best way to do what I am going for ?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
The two methods mentioned (either typing out text, or pasting it) would pretty much be it, given that that is how the Windows text entry system works.

For typing, it shouldn't matter whether you use the "Quick Input" action or separate keypresses, as they would use the same API methods underneath (as that is what Windows provides).

vaguexrdx

so those are the only updates in recent time any of those look like they could be effecting it ?

the failed to install is not failed - meant to fix.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
The only potentially relevant entry shown is the cumulative package, which contains a number of different updates, so it could be in there, but you likely won't be able to roll back anything specific (and, given that security patches may be included, rolling back or removing that may not be a good idea).

The rest are just antivirus definition updates, which shouldn't change anything but Defender's internal lists.