Author Topic: Command keystrokes are slow with windows 10 build 2004  (Read 2208 times)

Shadowl0rd

Command keystrokes are slow with windows 10 build 2004
« on: September 29, 2020, 12:40:37 PM »
I have the same problem described in this topic https://forum.voiceattack.com/smf/index.php?topic=3410.msg15831#new

Keystrokes sended by voice attack now are very very slow....
I mean half a second each key... If I send a phrase from voice attack, I can drink a coffee....

I have been using VA from several years... and this never happen to me

I have test in a clean install, no luck... I have test in a clean windows 10 install... and the problem is with update windows 10 build 2004, if I use windows 10 1909 build it works again but for me its not an option....

I have try to test old VA versions and 1.5.7 seem to work windows windows 10 build 2004...  I´m not able to download more version for to check (webpage have block me for download beause it says I´m a bot)

Any way to use the last VA version in windows 10 build 2004 and up?

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Command keystrokes are slow with windows 10 build 2004
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2020, 01:06:47 PM »
Hi, Shadowl0rd

Unfortunately, I don't have any kind of fix for this as I'm not able to reproduce the problem (I'm running v2004 Build 19041.508 and not experiencing this issue).  If I were able to reproduce the problem, it would then be some kind of workaround for something within the OS that's not right as VA's code hasn't changed in regards to key presses in a very long time.

This was posted recently in the VA Discord server:  https://www.tomsguide.com/news/latest-windows-10-disaster-microsoft-kills-update-after-nasty-slowdown-bug    Not sure if it's related to your situation or of any help.   The solution for the other post you had referenced ended up being a rollback of Windows to a previous version :(

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2020, 01:15:51 PM »
Is this issue occurring with all applications? Are you running Elite:Dangerous?

Shadowl0rd

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2020, 01:46:59 PM »
No Pfeil, I dont use Elite:dangerous
Its happen with a clean install of VA without any profile
I simple create a command with a Quick Input or key press chain and test it in notepad or notepad++ ... and now is slow as hell...

I have not any other issues with windows...  everything is very fast and fluid (I have a monster of 32 cores)...  But if you are not able to reproduce the problem...  I don´t know what to do... Tomorrow I will check it in another computers , Maybe I will be able to find a patron or something useful...

Elst

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2021, 11:05:16 AM »
I'm having this issue also, whether I use Quick Input or Recorder the keystroke output is slower than I'd expect. It's taking ~3 seconds to output "Cheers folks." With the timings set on Quick Input it should be done in about 1/20th of a second. The one I find really odd is the Recorder output, as its output speed is uniform, whereas my input has random intervals. This is the same whether in a game or testing in Notepad.

I'm on a fully updated Win10 20H2 with the latest VA. VA is running as an admin with UAC disabled. I've created new VA profiles. I've tried disabling my AV (Kaspersky) in case there was some anti-keylogger running. Along with disabling or terminating any other bit of software I could to see if it was interfering. Nothing I've done has made a difference.

It's really quite frustrating and any help would be appreciated. Cheers.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2021, 03:57:03 PM »
Unfortunately, I still don't have an answer for this situation.  What is happening is there is something amiss in your setup that is affecting API-based input.  That is, VA is making an API call to Windows to simulate pressing a key, Windows is processing this request but is slow to carry out the request.  Again, unfortunately, this is outside of what VoiceAttack can control, and will ultimately end up being some sort of repair on your local system :(

If anybody else out there has any additional insight, feel free to let us know.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2021, 04:09:43 PM »
If your target application supports pasting, you could use the "Set a Text Value to the Windows Clipboard" action, combined with a Ctrl-V or Shift-Insert keypress, rather than typing out the text using keystrokes

Not applicable in all situations or applications, unfortunately, but it could be something of a workaround for some.