Author Topic: Recognition problems  (Read 11475 times)

golfnut98

Recognition problems
« on: January 11, 2021, 06:01:03 PM »
Hello, I just paid the $10 to download VoiceAttack. The problem is I'm only getting about 3-5% success with recognition. I even bought a good USB mic and I'm still having the same issues. Very frustrated at the moment! I'd appreciate any help.

It also says "nahimic app detected" when I initially start Voice Attack. Also, I checked the box "listen to this device" and I'm getting tons of feedback and can hear myself through the speakers. I'm' pretty tech savvy but not with audio equipment obviously!

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Recognition problems
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2021, 06:54:38 PM »
Are you using headphones, or literal speakers? For speech recognition in general, a (USB) headset is recommended.

If you are using speakers, your microphone will pick up the sound they produce, which can then either be erroneously be interpreted by speech recognition engine as speech, and/or cause issues recognizing actual speech.

Nahimic can interfere with the ability for the speech recognition engine to use your microphone, and is included with some sound card driver suites.
You'll want to check your sound card settings (including in any extra software from the manufacturer, if present) for microphone filtering options, and try disabling those.

This topic also offers suggestions for recognition issues.

Once your microphone is working correctly, you'll want to train your speech recognition profile, at least three times.

If you do make changes to your microphone configuration (especially when switching to a different one), you'll want to create a fresh speech recognition profile, rather than combining old training data with new.