Author Topic: "VoiceAttack listens while keys are down" not working correctly  (Read 4056 times)

riskywhat

VoiceAttack randomly starts listening, even when the hotkeys are not being pressed. Any suggestions?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: "VoiceAttack listens while keys are down" not working correctly
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2020, 08:39:29 AM »
Are you running any third-party plugins and/or profiles? If so, does this issue occur with plugin support disabled?

When the issue occurs, does the listening state remain enabled (I.E. no red icon over the headset icon on the main window), or are commands executing without the listening state changing?

The speech recognition engine keeps listening in the background to enable commands that override the listening state to be recognized; E.G. commands using the "Make VoiceAttack Start Listening" as their first action, or any command executed using an "Override listening if my spoken command begins with" prefix.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2020, 08:46:11 AM »
Also, riskywhat, when you say it's listening, are you saying commands are being recognized?  If so, does this occur shortly after your hotkeys are released?

riskywhat

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2020, 02:39:16 PM »
Are you running any third-party plugins and/or profiles? If so, does this issue occur with plugin support disabled?

Yes, HCS Voicepack for Elite Dangerous. I haven't tested it without the plugin.

When the issue occurs, does the listening state remain enabled (I.E. no red icon over the headset icon on the main window), or are commands executing without the listening state changing?

Yes, it remains enabled.

The speech recognition engine keeps listening in the background to enable commands that override the listening state to be recognized; E.G. commands using the "Make VoiceAttack Start Listening" as their first action, or any command executed using an "Override listening if my spoken command begins with" prefix.

Ah, that's probably what's happening. Is there a way to stop it listening for a "start listening" voice command? (lol)

Also, riskywhat, when you say it's listening, are you saying commands are being recognized?  If so, does this occur shortly after your hotkeys are released?

Yes commands are recognised and no, it does not happen shortly after hotkey use. It happened once today hours after I had stopped playing.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2020, 03:01:07 PM »
Is there a way to stop it listening for a "start listening" voice command?
No.

Next time the issue occurs, with plugin support disabled, check the log to see which command was executed, then check whether that command has the "Make VoiceAttack Start Listening" as its first action.

If it's a command in the HCS Voice Packs profile, which you won't be able to edit, you'll want to contact them about this via their forum, or their Discord

riskywhat

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2020, 12:44:09 AM »
Is there a way to stop it listening for a "start listening" voice command?
No.

Next time the issue occurs, with plugin support disabled, check the log to see which command was executed, then check whether that command has the "Make VoiceAttack Start Listening" as its first action.

If it's a command in the HCS Voice Packs profile, which you won't be able to edit, you'll want to contact them about this via their forum, or their Discord

The reason I switched to "push-to-listen" was that VoiceAttack just registers strange commands, when I haven't said anything or made any noise. This happens on two different mics and when I'm in a quiet environment. I'm guessing this could also be causing the current issue.

This screenshot was taken this morning. I have not issued a single command, or said anything at all the whole time:

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM

riskywhat

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2020, 09:17:39 AM »
You'll want to check the items noted in the '"I'm not saying anything but VoiceAttack keeps hearing things"' section of this topic.

I have read through that but unfortunately none of those suggestions help. I first got VoiceAttack in 2018 and this happened back then too. I'm still using the same PC, but both the sound card and mic have changed since then. Is it possible that deleting my speech profile and retraining it from scratch would help?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2020, 09:47:23 AM »
Line noise doesn't necessarily stem from the soundcard itself, as noted in that topic.

You can try a new speech recognition profile just in case (which is recommended when you switch microphones anyway), though that doesn't require deleting the old one. Steps are outlined in this topic.

riskywhat

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2020, 04:16:35 AM »
Line noise doesn't necessarily stem from the soundcard itself, as noted in that topic.

You can try a new speech recognition profile just in case (which is recommended when you switch microphones anyway), though that doesn't require deleting the old one. Steps are outlined in this topic.

Ok will try that. Thanks for your time!

riskywhat

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2020, 09:48:47 AM »
I found the setting. If anyone else has this issue in the future, just say "protocol override, customise settings" to open up the settings, then go to "Voice Trigger Editor".

https://i.postimg.cc/CK4B38jY/Untitled7.png

Then go to the "Profile Control" tab and change the "Enable Voice" command to something complex that won't be mistakenly heard.

https://i.postimg.cc/j2hR56Sd/Untitled8.png