Author Topic: Can I use VA with my custom binds?  (Read 3990 times)

SmorlFox

Can I use VA with my custom binds?
« on: February 16, 2017, 08:38:10 AM »
I have bought VA and the hcs voice pack Verity and have finally taught the PC to recognize my voice almost flawlessly.

However, my probnlem is that I've been using my own custom binds now for the last 2 years with E:D and don't want to have to learn default binds if I can help it!

How can I let VA use my current custom binds please?

Thank in advance.

Gangrel

• Caffeine Fulled Mod
  • Global Moderator
  • BORK FNORK BORD
Re: Can I use VA with my custom binds?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 09:52:22 AM »
I have bought VA and the hcs voice pack Verity and have finally taught the PC to recognize my voice almost flawlessly.

However, my probnlem is that I've been using my own custom binds now for the last 2 years with E:D and don't want to have to learn default binds if I can help it!

How can I let VA use my current custom binds please?

Thank in advance.

There will be an update to Verity very soon (as in within 24 hours), which will start using a bind file reader. Will require minimal additional setting up, but the only restriction is that you will need to utilise keyboard presses for the commands that get used.

Side note: Yes, you can have keyboard AND a joystick/mouse/gamepad button assigned to the same command. The keyboard requirement is because it is the only form of input that we can *guarantee* that a player will have.

default binds list for the voice packs. Those are the commands/categories that are *required* to have an input, even if it doesn't match up with that exact keypress, it *requires* that one is assigned if you want to use the bind reader plugin.

SmorlFox

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2017, 01:45:53 PM »

QUOTE : default binds list for the voice packs. Those are the commands/categories that are *required* to have an input, even if it doesn't match up with that exact keypress, it *requires* that one is assigned if you want to use the bind reader plugin.

Sorry, I'm a bit thick so let me see if I have got this straight...

If I go into my control options in Elite and enter these keybinds down the right hand channel of the Control Options (all my custom HOTAS binds are entered down the left hand channel) then VA / Verity should be okay to read and use keypresses for any spoken command?

Gangrel

• Caffeine Fulled Mod
  • Global Moderator
  • BORK FNORK BORD
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2017, 02:09:49 PM »
Yes

SmorlFox

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2017, 02:16:43 PM »
Brilliant, thanks!