Author Topic: How do I get VoiceAttack to work with Spad.next?  (Read 6557 times)

joepoway

How do I get VoiceAttack to work with Spad.next?
« on: February 12, 2017, 06:56:07 PM »
I have both VA and Spad.next running with P3D and I use both with great success. I want to issue a voice command and have it execute an assignment I have given to a panel or joystick switch using Spad.next. These are not keyboard assignments but LVARs that have been assigned to various buttons or switches. I have been told this is possible but I am at a loss for where to find the instructions regarding how to setup the capability and then actually program it into an existing VA profile.

As an example how would I enable VA to turn on the Heading button on my Saitek panel that is already programmed via Spad.next to enable heading autopilot in P3D?

Joe

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: How do I get VoiceAttack to work with Spad.next?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2017, 08:35:31 PM »
Have you had a look at the demo profile on this page?

From what I've seen, as long as you have the LVAR you want, you name a decimal variable like that LVAR, give it the value you need, then activate the plugin using the "Execute an External Plugin Function" action with a "SetValue" context and put the LVAR name(which would now also be the decimal name within VoiceAttack) into the "Decimal Variables" field.

joepoway

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2017, 02:38:50 PM »
I have done all this but I get an error message

"Unable to invoke plugin, plugin not valid for this version of voiceattack"

I'm using version 1.6.1.27 any idea why my Set Value commands aren't allowed?
I have tried various LVARS and none work. I have used simple ones like :  APUOn  and set it to 1

Joe
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 04:27:41 PM by joepoway »

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2017, 08:50:57 PM »
Which version of the SPAD VoiceAttack plugin are you using?

The release notes for the latest version(0.9.5.81) note that "All GamePlugins (VoiceAttack / X-Plane need to be updated)", so make sure you have the latest plugin.

joepoway

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2017, 06:05:52 PM »
I am not sure how to tell the version number of the plugin.

What I did was copy the latest gameplugins\voiceattack\snVoiceAttack_Plugin.dll that was in the Spad.next folder after the update to version 0.9.5.81.

When I launch VA I get the following message in the VA window:

Plugin "Spad.next VoiceAttack Plugin - v0.9.5+ initialized
Plugin support enabled

so it appears the plugins are woking as they should.

Where can I find the latest plugin online or how can I determine the version # of the dll file?

Joe

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2017, 02:02:49 AM »
If you have that version installed, the plugin that came with it would have been the latest, from what I can see.

You're using a third-party plugin, so you'll probably want to ask them for more information to get it up and running.

Another user did manage to get the same plugin working, but he's using XPlane.

joepoway

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2017, 02:28:42 PM »
The solution to use VoiceAttack with Spad.neXt was to add the identifier LVAR! in front of the variable. It needs to look like this:

LVAR!PRIMESEL   for the particular variable I was using, it now works fine now with P3D

Joe