Author Topic: How can I send commands to my chat tool from VA?  (Read 7517 times)

nitebytes

How can I send commands to my chat tool from VA?
« on: January 31, 2017, 03:01:48 PM »
I use scorpbot and chatty when I stream, and I'd really like to be able to send commands from VA to chat.
Is there anyway anyone knows I can do this?
Is there a chat tool that can work for this (something I don't have at the moment)

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: How can I send commands to my chat tool from VA?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2017, 03:32:20 PM »
Can you clarify "send commands from VA to chat"? You should be able to control either one as you can any Windows application: By clicking the GUI and sending keystrokes.

If you're looking to for something like "Ban SomeUser for 10 minutes" by name, that's not going to work simply because the speech engine can't recognise something like a nickname freeform, and dynamic command names aren't implemented.
Even without that restriction, you'd have to get the user list into VoiceAttack so it knows where to click.

You could do "Ban the fifth user in the list for 10 minutes", where you refer to the relative position of a user in the userlist, in which case you can capture the coordinates for them relative to the window.

nitebytes

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2017, 10:54:05 PM »
I just want to run commands that don't use variables, informational commands like !discord or !schedule
At the moment I have managed to set one up that switches out to chatty runs the command then back to a specific game - that works because I am telling the command which Windows to switch to, however unless I clone that command for every game I play I won't work for other games, so I'm hoping there's a cleaner, more game-agnostic way of doing it.

Gangrel

• Caffeine Fulled Mod
  • Global Moderator
  • BORK FNORK BORD
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2017, 03:11:13 AM »
Make a profile for the commands that you want in all profiles/games, and then have game specific profiles.

Each game specific profile can use the "include commands from" option in the profile settings (click the tick mark next to the profile name on the profile edit screen), and you choose your "general commands" profile.

Voila, each game specific profile will have general commands as well.

nitebytes

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2017, 03:17:11 AM »
I don't understand profiles so well at the moment, and don't see what you're getting at. It sounds like I'd still need a bunch of game specific commands set up, but they'd each be in their own game's profile?
Have I misunderstood what you said?

I know if I was a DeepBot VIP I could use the CLI and run that with the command I want, and I Wouldn't need to switch out to any windows and back again so it's totally game-agnostic.

It's that level of simplicity I'm looking for without needing to be a DeepBot subscriber.

Gangrel

• Caffeine Fulled Mod
  • Global Moderator
  • BORK FNORK BORD
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2017, 07:02:04 AM »
Can't you use the "send commands to" option to send those commands direct to Chatty whilst still keeping The main program as focus?

nitebytes

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2017, 07:38:40 AM »
Hasn't worked yet (I may have something set wrong though - I am very much a VA n00b)

nitebytes

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2017, 07:49:37 AM »
I just ran a quick test. It changes focus to Chatty.
an alt+tab command after sending he command to Chatty doesn't flick back though. Which seems odd.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2017, 09:52:57 AM »
Make sure you have sufficient pauses between each down/up action of both the alt and the tab key (its a Windows thing):

Press alt down
Pause .1
Press tab down
Pause .1
Release tab
Pause .1
Release alt

nitebytes

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2017, 04:40:15 PM »
Nope that didn't work either.
I also tried holding alt and having tab as a press/release and that didnt' work either.
Which ever way I try this, focus remains on chatty

I pulled the alt-tab part into a seperate command, and it alt-tabs perfectly. I doubled it up and it tabs out and back.

nitebytes

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2017, 04:51:28 PM »
ah ha!
It was refocusing to chatty because it was all in the one command, and the command applies to chatty.
It needs to be two commands - one to run the command in chatty and one to alt-tab back to the game.
THANK YOU!

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2017, 05:30:29 PM »
Oh yeah... that too.  There's always something in there ready to come back to bite you :)

Glad you got it sorted!