Author Topic: Speech recognition back up  (Read 5936 times)

bobnv

Speech recognition back up
« on: January 29, 2017, 11:51:45 AM »
I want to back up speech training in Win 10.   I have the Speech profile manager.  How can I navigate to export my profile & save it for back up?  Also is default speech profile as seen in speech profile manager,  is that what was trained, &  should be saved?  I hope my question make sense.  Thanks for any help.

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Speech recognition back up
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2017, 04:20:05 PM »
The, 'How To' page used to explain how to do that.  Looks like the link no longer works.

Essentially, you'll need to go here:  https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=22358 and get the tool.  Once you unzip and run the utility, it's pretty self-explanatory (export... import... ).

Hope that helps!

Edit:  I updated the How-To page... you can get the tool from there (simple zip and not a WinZip executable):  http://www.voiceattack.com/howto (last item).
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 04:42:33 PM by Gary »

bobnv

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2017, 06:49:04 PM »
Thanks, Gary, I have the tool.  My problem is I can't navigate to the speech profile to do anything with it.   When I look speech recongnition via control panel, it's called "default".   Is default the same profile I've been training my voice with?

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2017, 07:17:13 PM »
I would assume that if it's the only one in there, it's probably it.

So, when you open the SpProfileMgr tool, it doesn't give you anything on the left to choose from?  I'm also using Windows 10 (Pro, 64 bit version).

bobnv

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2017, 08:31:02 PM »
Ok, I think I have it now.  So highlight default, export, & name it, save it, will be a .SPF file...done.   I think I was making something simple into hard.  :) 

Thanks,