Author Topic: Voice attack profile takes several minutes to load  (Read 3463 times)

Woofington

Voice attack profile takes several minutes to load
« on: January 21, 2017, 05:38:28 PM »
Here is the profile:

I realize it is a pretty complex profile.  I was wondering if there was a way to maintain the complexity but increase the load times.  I would like to further expand this profile but after a certain point it simply will not load I suspect.

Using the latest beta version.

edit:  Now the profile will not load at all.  When I start the program, I see the process but it never opens.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 06:02:18 PM by Woofington »

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Voice attack profile takes several minutes to load
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2017, 08:33:54 PM »
Hi, Woofington.

Unfortunately, that profile expands into over 417,000 commands and it is choking the speech engine.  There's nothing that can be done other than you'll need to reduce the number of dynamic command sections and/or composite commands (prefixes/suffixes) within it.

Also, the load time must be system-dependent, as my load time for this profile is roughly 90 seconds (running with -showloadtime command line param).

Antaniserse

• Global Moderator
    • My VA plugins
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2017, 04:07:24 AM »
If i'm not mistaken, this command alone
Code: [Select]
<CommandString>[[show me; show; lock onto; target; select; view]] [[my;]] next [[system;destination;location;place;target]] [[in;for]] [[frame shift drive;]] [[route;jump,hyperspace jump; hyperdrive; journey]]; [[show me; show; lock onto; target; select; view]] [[my;]] [[route's; journey's]] next [[system;destination;location;place;target]]</CommandString>
amounts to over 100,000 individual commands... just limiting some flavor, like making the two "my" fixed instead of optional, cuts this to 1/4
"I am not perfect and neither was my career. In the end tennis is like life, messy."
Marat Safin

Woofington

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2017, 12:11:58 PM »
Hmmm I see.  I do go overboard on the variations because I like to make it feel as natural as possible, that way under stress and when firing several commands at once I can say things that are "almost" right and still have the computer understand me. 

I feel like eventually there will need to be something along those lines to allow more varied speech to have an understanding.  Perhaps something to do with wildcarding, or something along those lines so the key concepts behind a command can be acted upon regardless of the actual structure of the command. 

But thank you for assessing and solving the issue, I will look into reducing the complexity in places.  Is there anyway to see which of my commands are the worst offenders at a glance?