Author Topic: Which gains priority on "UNABLE TO EXECUTE..."  (Read 5134 times)

foxpur

Which gains priority on "UNABLE TO EXECUTE..."
« on: January 20, 2017, 11:57:19 PM »
Ok, installing some .VAP with some conflicting commands that are similar..

We shall call them:
Command 1 (old)
Command 1 (new)

So... Which one become the "UNABLE TO EXECUTE..." old or new?
(I THINK it is the old and the new is the active one, but just looking for verification)

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Which gains priority on "UNABLE TO EXECUTE..."
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2017, 03:55:38 AM »
I'm not quite sure what you're referring to; Are you importing commands from these .vap profiles?

When do you see an "UNABLE TO EXECUTE..." message?

If you import and overwrite a command that is executed by another command, getting an "UNABLE TO EXECUTE COMMAND. COMMAND NOT AVAILABLE." message is normal.

Commands are identified in two different ways: By their command phrase(E.G. "Command 1"), and their internal GUID(a long string of character serving as a globally unique identifier).

When you speak a phrase, a command is executed by matching the command phrase assigned to it. However, if you use the "Execute Another Command" action, the target command is instead  matched by the GUID. When you import commands, that GUID will have changed, and no longer match.

If you frequently overwrite commands, you may want to use the "Execute by name (Advanced)" option of the "Execute Another Command" action instead, as that does use the command phrase(or part of it), rather than the GUID. Note that this option is marked "Advanced" for a reason, so use with caution.

foxpur

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2017, 03:58:58 AM »
"Are you importing commands from these .vap profiles?

When do you see an "UNABLE TO EXECUTE..." message?

If you import and overwrite a command that is executed by another command, getting an "UNABLE TO EXECUTE COMMAND. COMMAND NOT AVAILABLE." message is normal."

Yes, .VAP upgrades....  I assume I can just delete the "UNABLE TO EXECUTE COMMAND. COMMAND NOT AVAILABLE." ones but want to be sure they delete the old one, not the new one

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2017, 06:17:21 AM »
I assume I can just delete the "UNABLE TO EXECUTE COMMAND. COMMAND NOT AVAILABLE." ones but want to be sure they delete the old one, not the new one
Ah. I can understand how that message is a little confusing, but while you could remove that action from the action list and replace it(which will not delete the command it's referencing, old or new), you can also double click that line in the action list to edit the "Execute Another Command" action that it's "hiding".

It will pop up an "Unable to find command" warning", and after closing that window, you can edit the "Execute Another Command" action to refer to the new command.