Author Topic: VA doesn't detect plugins  (Read 7936 times)

kadett

VA doesn't detect plugins
« on: January 14, 2017, 08:47:42 AM »
Hi, very basic question but fundamental issue too.
I tried to use EDDI plugin. All is configured how it should be: VA version, App folder, Plugin detection in VA is activated, opening VA tells me "PlugIn Support enabled" (of course I tried the admin option to run VA). But trying to use an external command VA tells me "There are currently no plugins available..." and I miss the statement "PlugIn EDDI XXX initialized". I created a Apps-Folder with another PlugIn (bindED) I found elsewhere here in the forum but it ends up with the same effect.

See attached screenshots..
Any suggestions?

Thnx in advance, Andreas

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: VA doesn't detect plugins
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2017, 02:20:24 PM »
Forgive me if this is exactly what you mean by
App folder
but
Did you put the plugin in a subfolder? The path should look something like "VoiceAttack\Apps\bindED\bindEDPlugin.dll", it won't work if you put the files into the "Apps" directory directly.

EDIT:
yes, app-folder has subfolders EDDI and bindED which contain the dll-files
Which I would have known had I looked at your screenshots properly, sorry about that.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 03:53:52 PM by Pfeil »

kadett

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2017, 03:30:35 PM »
yes, app-folder has subfolders EDDI and bindED which contain the dll-files

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2017, 06:46:27 PM »
Does the app folder path in the options screen match the path where the app folder is actually located?

kadett

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2017, 11:01:49 AM »
Hi, You seems to be a very experienced "the issue is always in front of monitor" - troubleshooter.
I had used before another games-installation path and tried to collect all needed tools in the same path. Later I decided to change the inst path after reinstalling the game.

So pls add a comment on your troubleshooter page: "Check and make sure that the inst path of app folder is the correct one in case you have change something."

All is fine - now. See screenshot.

Thnx a lot.

Andreas
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 11:06:26 AM by kadett »