Author Topic: Audio Input Disabled after lock/unlock.  (Read 3426 times)

LigerXT5

Audio Input Disabled after lock/unlock.
« on: January 08, 2017, 02:49:26 PM »
Every time I lock my computer, such as stepping away or gone idle for too long, VA detects a change in audo input devices and no longer hears anything. The voice bar doesn't move.

I can lock then unlock with no issues, but it appears to happen if the computer has been locked for a period of time. I haven't found the sweet spot yet.

USB Turtle Beach headset.
Windows 10 Pro, 64bit. Insider Preview.
i7 4770k, not overclocked.
16GB Ram
Nvidia 1080 MSI

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Audio Input Disabled after lock/unlock.
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2017, 02:59:54 PM »
Your headset may be powering down after a while, which will disconnect the USB soundcard it contains, making Windows switch to another device.
What are your Power Plan options set to?

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2017, 03:03:45 PM »
What are your Power Plan options set to?

And that ^^^

There is some discussion over here, too (follow the FearNaBoinne convo and not the other one):
http://voiceattack.com/smf/index.php?topic=754.0

LigerXT5

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2017, 05:08:03 PM »
I apologize for the delay in response. I thought I had this forum set to email me on replies, and I had nearly forgotten about this thread.

The computer, desktop, is on high performance, microphone, under device manager, is set to, well, no option. In the Power Options, the advanced settings, the USB Selective Suspend was set to Enabled. I've disabled and will test for a while.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2017, 08:18:53 PM »
I put a build out in the, 'unofficial' bin that may address this issue:  http://www.voiceattack.com/unofficial
Just replace your VoiceAttack.exe with that build and give it a try if you like.