Author Topic: Program is too small; can't read in 4k or 1080p  (Read 4737 times)

CMDR Designate Wulf

Program is too small; can't read in 4k or 1080p
« on: December 28, 2016, 11:31:50 AM »
Hey guys. I'm very excited to integrate VA into my Lakon AspX, but the program itself is way too small to be read on my computer. Even when using Magnifier there are many overlapping pieces of menu, to the point where trying to set up a new voice command is impossible. Is there a fix to this? Even going down in resolution and changing from my TV to Laptop display does nothing, the program just scales down and becomes even harder to read.

o7

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Program is too small; can't read in 4k or 1080p
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2016, 11:41:43 AM »
Go into options and select a larger VA size... I would start with, 'largest' on a 4k.

VA's size is independent of Windows' scaling, as I like to use a larger screen size that's independent of the rest of the system.  That throws a lot of people off...  maybe in v2 there will be some more flex in there.

Hope that helps!

CMDR Designate Wulf

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2016, 11:55:28 AM »
Thanks Gary. I had a hard time even seeing that option, but the largest setting looks fine on my 55" 4k TV. Maybe a little small for others, but fine by me.

NickChronic01

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2017, 08:09:05 AM »
Just got my new 43" LG 4K tv and got settings voice attack on Large and its still way to small to read from couch please help on how to fix this ?? screen is recomended at 300% scaling and voice attack text look very small .

iceblast

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2017, 12:14:52 PM »
There is one way to temp increase the size as needed. Just hit Win Key + + key, hit it twice to increase the size to 200%. Just keep hitting those keys to you can see it properly. Just hit Win Key + - key to shrink the size down. This is the Magnifier built into windows. Can come in handy at times.

NickChronic01

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2017, 01:15:22 PM »
There is one way to temp increase the size as needed. Just hit Win Key + + key, hit it twice to increase the size to 200%. Just keep hitting those keys to you can see it properly. Just hit Win Key + - key to shrink the size down. This is the Magnifier built into windows. Can come in handy at times.

This is not a solution

iceblast

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2017, 02:01:11 PM »
Didn't say it was a solution, it's just a way for you to be able to see, and interact with VA, without having to change the whole scale of windows to do it every time.

I'm using VA on a 60" 1080p HDTV with no problem.

I can see 4k TV's being a issue. Windows Magnifier is a quick way to be able to see VA. It's not like you are constantly looking at VA. Gary said he might have a fix for it in the future.

You could also look online for a program that might increase the size of another program for 4k tv's.

NickChronic01

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2017, 05:07:08 PM »
Didn't say it was a solution, it's just a way for you to be able to see, and interact with VA, without having to change the whole scale of windows to do it every time.

I'm using VA on a 60" 1080p HDTV with no problem.

I can see 4k TV's being a issue. Windows Magnifier is a quick way to be able to see VA. It's not like you are constantly looking at VA. Gary said he might have a fix for it in the future.

You could also look online for a program that might increase the size of another program for 4k tv's.

I also had no problems with my old 1080p screen it almost filled the whole screen on largest , but now with my new 4k i`m having more problems with multiple programs seems this is a thing with 4k and its horrible