Author Topic: X-Wing Collectors' CD (1994) Voice Commands for Ship Interface, Wingman Commands  (Read 5312 times)

FinalBossDad

AHOY!

I recently started getting into Elite: Dangerous and while being sucked into that I found out about Voice Attack and the HCS Voice Packs :D They're so cool and immersive, as well as convenient! Given that, now that I'm taking a trip back in time to experience the legendary original 4 Star Wars flight sim games (for the first time) I can't resist "upgrading" them via Voice Attack  8)

What This Pack Does:
  • All 8 Wingman commands!
  • Ship Camera manipulation
  • Engage Hyperdrive
  • Deploy / Retract S Foils (Must be deployed to fire lasers!)
  • View Briefing, damage, and map displays
I ended up getting a HOTAS setup as well and while that doesn't work quite right for X-Wing 1994, the TARGET scripting software has been a big help and I highly recommend tinkering with it if you own a Thrustmaster stick. For example, I set up the Throttle Joy2 button to toggle Stick Joy2 on and off so that you can roll your ship properly without having to hold Stick Joy2 down for 90% of the game  ::)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 10:07:10 PM by FinalBossDad »

Gary

• Administrator
I loved X-Wing!!!

Wouldn't it be great if they revived that series?

FinalBossDad

Supposedly they had an online 8 vs. 8 or something game planned, but it got scrapped. I haven't heard anything since, not even about a Rogue One themed flight sim  :-\

I did see the news about an offline Mechwarrior 5 Mercenaries game though! I'm a LITTLE skeptical because that is the same company that makes MWO which is notoriously pay-to-win and leans much more towards arcade action than simulation.

Antaniserse

• Global Moderator
    • My VA plugins
X-Wing is still one on my, if not *THE*, most loved games on PC; I have so many copies of it, from floppy to DOS-CD to Win95 engine remake, to digital delivery version

Of course a VA profile was a must for me too... also found out a bunch of R2-D2 and BB-8 sound samples for command feedback, and i just could not resist to non bind the 'cover me' command to "I can't shake em!"  ;)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 03:15:21 AM by Antaniserse »
"I am not perfect and neither was my career. In the end tennis is like life, messy."
Marat Safin