Author Topic: Xbox One Controller Issues  (Read 3938 times)

Caibel

Xbox One Controller Issues
« on: December 04, 2016, 01:17:14 PM »
I'm trying to setup a button on my Xbox One controller for speech recognition, but I'm having trouble getting the controller enabled. I've gone to the joystick options and added it as a controller and enabled it, but it's not recognized when I try and test it. Furthermore, a few seconds after I confirm the changes, VA crashes. To the best of my knowledge I have the latest version of VA and Xbox One controller drivers. Am I doing anything wrong or are there any fixes for this? Thanks!

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Xbox One Controller Issues
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2016, 01:52:08 PM »
Hi, there.  If you've gone through the steps of first assigning the controller and then enabling the controller and the test does not work, it's possible there's a DirectX or driver issue on your machine (I do all my testing with Xbox One and Xbox 360 controllers).  There is a very small chance that the joystick dll's installed could be messed up for some reason (a reinstall of VA should fix that).  Two other things to try:

First, run dxDiag and see if that yields anything.  Just press the Windows key and then type, 'dxdiag' in the run box and you'll see it in there.

Next, try doing a system file scan (always good to do this from time to time): 
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Hope that helps!

Caibel

Re: Xbox One Controller Issues
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2016, 03:36:32 PM »
Thanks for the reply! I have reinstalled VA, run DxDiags, and run an SFC. I am still having the same issue. The controller is assigned and enabled, but when I test, it does nothing, and upon hitting "Ok", VA crashes. I have attached the DxDiag results showing no problems and the Joystick Options menu showing that it's assigned and enabled. SFC also came back with no corrupt files. Anything I did wrong or any other options?