Author Topic: Using EDDI 2 count and update .txt files?  (Read 3873 times)

Bumble B

• Bumble B Gaming
Using EDDI 2 count and update .txt files?
« on: December 04, 2016, 02:01:48 AM »
Right what I'm trying to do is make a Voice Attack Script using EDDI 2 ((EDDI events))

As soon knew Journey events where going to be added for Elite Dangerous this was the first thing I wanted to try and program myself.

Example:
VA loads a totaljumps.txt (that holds the amount of previous jumps)
Add +1
then saves new totaljumps to same totaljumps.txt

VERY ROUGH script outline: "Total Jump Counter.txt"
((EDDI jumped))
Load "Total Jump Counter.txt" 
Total Jump Counter +1 *could probably work it out if I could get the first bit done*
New Total Jump Counter write to txt file *already know ths bit*

So OBS can look at this .txt file and display it and it counts the number of System Jumps I've made.

This is the first time I've ever tried programming with VA, I've managed to piece together bits and pieces from what others have done in other scripts I have picked apart but I cant figure out this one.

This is just the beginning of the series of scripts I have in mind for when I start streaming and want overlay data on screen using EDDI 2

Data I'd like to count for different situations:

Exploration:
Total number of Jumps
Total number of light years traveled
Distance of last jump * there is currently a problem with EDDI 2 regarding this at the moment it seems*
Last 5 jump distances
Total number of Heat warnings
Body Counts:
   Number of Earth Likes, Black Holes, High metal content.....etc

Bounty Hunting:
Total number of kills
Last Bounty amount & (if shared)
Total Bounties

I know for the exploration type stuff I could use other 3rd party things but I would like to try and program something  myself as I enjoy it once I've finally figured it out.

CMDR Bumble B
"Bee save, be badass ö7"

--
CMDR Bumble B ö7
ASUS P6TD Deluxe, Intel i7 960 @ 3.2GHz, 12Gb G.Skill, Windows 7 SP1 (64bit), ASUS Geforce GTX 970 Strix (4Gb), ThrustMaster T-Flight HOTAS X, Cosair Void RGB USB Gaming Headset, TrackIR, EDDI, Voice Attack, ED Engineer