Author Topic: Referencing Commands from Included Profile  (Read 5634 times)

Loriath

Referencing Commands from Included Profile
« on: November 29, 2016, 12:12:55 AM »
I have the Verity Voicepack and use their VA Profile. I also have a second profile that I have other commands in to do things that the default Verity cannot do.

When VA starts, it loads Verity, and in the settings for that profile I tell it to include the commands from my AUX profile. It works well for the way I have done things. But I have been looking at how I can streamline this.

I keep the Verity pack at defaults so when it is updated I don't have to remember/make changes to the default pack. The problem I have is that in my AUX profile, I cannot reference any command in the Verity Profile. I have checked and I cannot reference any of the AUX Commands in the Verity Profile.

What I want to do is to add alternative commands to the AUX profile that will execute commands in the Verity Profile.
For example, I want to add a command in the AUX Profile (Approach Speed) which would reference a command in the Verity Profile (RS - 75%). This will allow me to customise the Verity Pack without changing the default so when updates come in for Verity I can just add the new Verity profile and tell it to also include commands from my AUX Profile.

When I look at the commands available under Execute Command, I get a dropdown list of commands but the only commands there are the ones from the Profile I am editing.

Is there a way to refer directly to a command in another profile in the fashion I am using or is there something I am missing?

Thanks.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Referencing Commands from Included Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2016, 03:07:32 AM »
Is there a way to refer directly to a command in another profile
Depends on what you mean by "directly". You can use "Execute by name (Advanced)" to run commands, even when they have "When I say" disabled.

Loriath

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2016, 04:08:45 AM »
Depends on what you mean by "directly". You can use "Execute by name (Advanced)" to run commands, even when they have "When I say" disabled.

Then I am doing something Wrong.

Verity Profile has a Command called "((75%))" that presses the Numpad 4 key, and in my AUX profile I create a Command called Approach that executes a command by name and use ((75%)) . I say "Approach" and the VA Window says Approach referenced but the key never gets passed.

If I use the direct command in the Verity Profile it works. Verity is the profile I am loading, and AUX is the included profile.

So what is the problem? Do I have it backwards? Should AUX be loaded and Verity Referenced?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2016, 04:14:11 AM »
So what is the problem? Do I have it backwards? Should AUX be loaded and Verity Referenced?
The order shouldn't matter. Does the referenced "((75%))" command contain any logic(E.G. conditions), or is it really just a single keypress?

Have you tried referencing another command, possibly one that provides visual(log) or audible feedback?

Loriath

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2016, 05:16:04 AM »
The order shouldn't matter. Does the referenced "((75%))" command contain any logic(E.G. conditions), or is it really just a single keypress?

Have you tried referencing another command, possibly one that provides visual(log) or audible feedback?

The command does a single keypress. I have tried others that combine sound & keypresses with the same result. It shows it being referenced, but the sound/key is never executed.

Gangrel

• Caffeine Fulled Mod
  • Global Moderator
  • BORK FNORK BORD
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2016, 01:30:09 PM »

The command does a single keypress. I have tried others that combine sound & keypresses with the same result. It shows it being referenced, but the sound/key is never executed.
I just tried this with version 1.6.1.2 and it worked for me. Keyboard shortcuts included.

Loriath

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2016, 12:25:33 AM »
I just tried this with version 1.6.1.2 and it worked for me. Keyboard shortcuts included.

I have the same version installed with the Verity Guardians profile. I just tried this again and can't get it to work. So my Workaround is to copy the required commands from the Verity profile to my AUX profile. That works fine.

Thanks for looking at this, still don't know why it doesn't work for me, but I have a workaround so that is fine.