Author Topic: VA PTT Key Nightmares...please help!  (Read 5503 times)

dazzys

VA PTT Key Nightmares...please help!
« on: November 13, 2016, 12:15:01 PM »
Hi All,

I'm using VA with Eve Online. I've configured VA to use my left shift in a PTT configuration (only listening whilst the key is held down).

The problem is that whether the button is held down or not VA issues the command to Eve. What can I do to sort this mess out?

Thanks
Daz

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: VA PTT Key Nightmares...please help!
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2016, 02:03:26 PM »
Which version of VoiceAttack are you using? When you press the key combination, do you see the listening state change accordingly? Even when Eve Online is running?

dazzys

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2016, 02:40:52 PM »
The latest. Only downloaded it yesterday. I don't see the listening state change at all.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2016, 02:51:52 PM »
Did you set the hotkey in the global options(The little wrench on the main window)? Does your profile have the "Override Global Recognition Hotkey" option set?

You should see the headset icon in the main screen change(a red symbol should appear over it when the key is up, which disappears when the key is down), in addition to entries in the log("Listening resumed" and "Listening suspended").

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2016, 09:35:15 AM »
Hi, Dazzy.  In response to your email to the support inbox (and as Pfeil has inquired), how have you set up your global recognition hotkeys in VoiceAttack?

dazzys

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2016, 11:37:11 AM »
I have the global hotkey set correctly. I don't see the option "Override Global Recognition Hotkey"

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2016, 11:54:11 AM »
It's in the profile options screen (profile edit screen, click on the icon that looks like a checkbox).  Then click on the profile hotkeys tab.  If this option is set, it overrides the global setting.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 12:01:48 PM by Gary »

dazzys

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2016, 12:47:49 PM »
all sorted and all working. I just needed to click the small tick next to the profile selection! Thanks for all the help guys.