Author Topic: 'Stop running commands' has ..... stopped  (Read 7191 times)

Sunsteal

'Stop running commands' has ..... stopped
« on: November 06, 2016, 07:18:38 AM »
So the button to 'stop running commands' no longer works and apart from reinstalling VA I can't see anyway to reinable it.

As i have a voicepack profile imported into VA with many of those commands altered slightly how do I go about VA reinstallation without disturbing those as it's been a long road getting it set to where it is right now and not yet finished?

(Its not the actual commands I've changed in any way more that i've added personalised words/phrases to a few of the 'when I say' areas to better suit how I speak).

Gary

• Administrator
Re: 'Stop running commands' has ..... stopped
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2016, 08:51:09 AM »
I'm testing with the attached profile (with one command).  It's stopping as far as I can tell.

You might want to export your profile and let us see what's going on.  Please make sure to describe each step taken to be able to reproduce the problem.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2016, 09:04:13 AM »
I'd start by exporting your profiles as a backup. Note that if you have interconnected profiles that call eachother by ID(using "Execute Another Command" or "Switch to Another Profile" actions), they will need to be "re-linked" by manually editing those actions(as the IDs will change).

You should also make a backup of the "%APPDATA%/VoiceAttack/" folder and its contents. The "VoiceAttack.dat" file is the main database that holds all your profile information, with the copies in the "Backup" subfolder holding previous iterations.

The settings for the application are kept in "%LOCALAPPDATA%\VoiceAttack.com\". This also contains your License information, so if this is deleted you will need to re-enter it. Make a backup of this as well.

To start with reinstalling VoiceAttack, use the control panel's "Programs And Features" control to run the uninstaller.

After this is complete, manually remove the folders you've made a backup of.

Then, download the installer for the version of VoiceAttack you want to use(you could upgrade to the beta at this point, though the new release is on the way) and run it.

Now, you can use the trial to verify stopping commands works. You can create a simple infinite loop to help you with this:
Code: [Select]
Start Loop While : [{EXP:1=1}] Equals '1'
Write '[Red] Still running' to log
End Loop

If this works, you can either copy over the old settings file(and again verify whether the command is still stopping), or start anew and re-enter the settings manually.

If everything works at this point, copy over the VoiceAttack.dat file and again verify everything is working.

If it stops working at either of the two latter steps, make sure to email Gary the relevant files.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2016, 09:14:12 AM »
Not sure what I would do around here without Pfeil ;)

Sunsteal

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2016, 12:30:21 PM »
I'm not sure what you could do to reproduce it as its just generally stopped working at all. If I open VA and then speak any command I hear the response (as I have a voicepack from HCS) but pressing the 'stop running commands' button doesn't stop any command but does show up in the log window as a blue dot with the words 'stop running commands'. It just doesn't stop any running command.

I'm looking at the rest of the advice right now

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2016, 12:35:18 PM »
pressing the 'stop running commands' button doesn't stop any command but does show up in the log window as a blue dot with the words 'stop running commands'. It just doesn't stop any running command.
Now that's a rather different thing than the button not working. Which command are you expecting to stop doing what exactly?

Sunsteal

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2016, 01:12:15 PM »
A reinstallation has got it working again.

If i ran any command Eg; multipart (though as I say, it was all commands) and half way through hit that button it would usually stop the command from finishing and fade out any speech but since last night that was no longer true. The command would complete and any .wav would finish.

Now i've reinstalled VA the expected outcome is back.

And to let you know when I reinstalled VA the profile from HCS was still in place and recognised.  Thanks for the  help.