Author Topic: [v1.5.12.30] Mouse Shortcuts do not work  (Read 4800 times)

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
[v1.5.12.30] Mouse Shortcuts do not work
« on: October 22, 2016, 05:59:58 PM »
I have bound a command to every mouse button mapping available, none of them trigger.

However, when I'm in the Mouse Shortcut dialog to assign a mouse button, they do.

Mouse Shortcuts are set to On. Toggling this to off stops the commands triggering in this dialog.

Mouse state tokens also work for all buttons.

To clarify, when the Mouse Shortcut dialog has focus, shortcuts work. The moment I click outside of the dialog and it loses focus, it triggers once, but after that it doesn't.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 06:22:17 PM by Pfeil »

Gary

• Administrator
Re: [v1.5.12.30] Mouse Shortcuts do not work
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2016, 09:58:47 PM »
Are you running with -nomouse command line parameter?  Mine seems to be running ok... tried in debug, plus the first version 30 and then the unofficial version 30 and they are working.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2016, 06:07:39 AM »
And yet, I'm not crazy after all. I realized that this was literally the first time I've ever used mouse shortcuts, and sure enough, after removing all settings and profile data to simulate a first time install, mouse shortcuts do not work. The behavior is exactly as I described earlier.

Only after restarting VoiceAttack do they start working. I would've thought I restarted VoiceAttack a few times when this bug first occurred, but apparently not.

Because you asked, I tried "-nomouse", but while the log says "Mouse functionality disabled", mouse shortcuts are still triggering commands and mouse state tokens still return true when buttons are pressed.

As an aside, in the documentation the section for "-nomouse" partially repeats:
Note this affects only the instance launched with this parameter.
Note this affects only the instance launched with this parameter and not an instance of VoiceAttack
already running.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2016, 08:54:12 PM »
Try the latest beta and see what happens in this regard.  I moved some things around to see if things are either fixed or maybe a little more evident.

http://www.voiceattack.com/beta

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2016, 05:31:19 AM »
Mouse shortcuts do not work on a "clean" install yet.

"-nomouse" disabled mouse shortcuts when they were previously working(though the UI button remained unchanged), however mouse tokens keep working(VoiceAttack documentation states it's supposed to disable the hook entirely).
To clarify, this is on startup; "-nomouse" does not affect a running instance, as stated in the documentation.

The duplicate in the documentation has been removed, so that's one thing fixed completely :P

EDIT: Retested to rule out it automagically fixing itself, still an issue with v1.6.1.35 on my machine.

EDIT#2: Retested again(re-retested?) with v1.6.7.3, same behavior, still an issue.

That said, I can add some new information to this:
The config file is not the culprit, as even with my normal, licensed, used-for-years file, the issue presents itself.

When removing the profile database, the default "My Profile" profile will not have working mouse shortcuts, however, if another profile is created, that profile will have working shortcuts immediately after adding a command that has them active, and saving the profile.
When switching back to the default profile, mouse shortcuts will then work there as well.

The issue is not with said default profile, however, as creating a few dummy profiles containing dummy commands, then restarting VoiceAttack and adding a mouse-shortcut-triggered command to one of them, will still result in mouse shortcuts not working until either switching to another profile and back, or restarting VoiceAttack.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 08:13:29 PM by Pfeil »

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2016, 07:02:57 PM »
Still not able to reproduce this.

Anybody else having trouble with mouse shortcuts not executing commands?

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2017, 08:50:43 AM »
Unresolved.