Author Topic: Multiple actions from a single command?  (Read 8675 times)

Sunsteal

Multiple actions from a single command?
« on: October 14, 2016, 02:35:59 PM »
Can we have VA activate a series of keypress's on a single command? I'm playing Elite: Dangerous and wondering if, for instance I gave the command to 'come to a dead stop' I could get VA to power down the engines, drop out of super cruise and put power to the shields?

And sorry if this has been answered. I joined the forum today and have used the search option but it came back empty.

Technomancer

• I have a bad feeling about this...
Re: Multiple actions from a single command?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2016, 02:57:11 PM »
I'm gonna assume you're being interdicted. ;)

I have a command that does that when I say "Submit".  I'm at work.  If you want to check it out and tweak it to your liking I can upload it.

It's not that difficult.  Just a matter of setting up the button-press sequence and tweaking the timing of it.

Sunsteal

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2016, 03:38:23 PM »
Excellent. No rush yet as i've just purchased the game a few days ago so I'm in that initial period of finding my way around the game just now. VA and theme packs were pointed out to me a couple of days ago and I will definitely be adding them. And it was in regards to being interdicted I thought about this but I'm sure there will be a few other instances it'll be handy so good to know we can.

Give me a week or two and I'll drop you a pm when I'm ready to go :)

Gangrel

• Caffeine Fulled Mod
  • Global Moderator
  • BORK FNORK BORD
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2016, 06:12:30 PM »
I'm gonna assume you're being interdicted. ;)

I have a command that does that when I say "Submit".  I'm at work.  If you want to check it out and tweak it to your liking I can upload it.

It's not that difficult.  Just a matter of setting up the button-press sequence and tweaking the timing of it.

Only thing to decide on is "Do you want to drop out of super cruise *safely* or immediately" (if not being interdicted). Then you just need to wait for your speed to drop low enough for a normal drop (emergency drop at speed does damage to the ship)

tryst

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2016, 01:44:56 AM »
I play ED and have many commands to do things like request docking then slow down to allow the auto-dock to take over, undock lift off vertical for a few seconds then put the thrusters on half speed, select systems and plot a course automatically from my bookmarks and loads more. Apart from actually turning the ship to face the direction I want and shooting back at anything that attacks me, almost everything else is voice automated.

I want it to navigate the commodities menu but making it press the same key multiple times means creating the two commands (to press the key then pause after it) multiple times. There are a lot of commodities and one of them is 72 on the list (that's going to be one damned long script). :o

mikelimtw

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2016, 02:49:57 AM »
Can we have VA activate a series of keypress's on a single command? I'm playing Elite: Dangerous and wondering if, for instance I gave the command to 'come to a dead stop' I could get VA to power down the engines, drop out of super cruise and put power to the shields?

And sorry if this has been answered. I joined the forum today and have used the search option but it came back empty.

On the left side there is a button marked "Key Press." That is the button you use to issue keypress commands. Within the Keypress command page, you can set the key to use. It's been stated elsewhere that the shortest reliable keypress/release time is 000.030.  That will register all the time within Elite. Between each keypress command you will want to insert a "Pause" which is also a button on the left side. You will have to check the timing between actions for the keypresses to be activated. But that's it. It's pretty simple.

Gangrel

• Caffeine Fulled Mod
  • Global Moderator
  • BORK FNORK BORD
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2016, 07:06:48 AM »
What I would do, make a single command that is something like ((UI Down x 10)) which is basically the UI Down command (repeat 10 times).

Sure, it add's up a few more building block commands, but totally avoids the long repetition of entering the command and pause  sections manually each and every time