Author Topic: Subnautica with Meta Quest 3 VR (no mods)  (Read 168 times)

EricM

• VA user since 2017
Subnautica with Meta Quest 3 VR (no mods)
« on: October 07, 2024, 07:47:49 PM »
I'm sharing our Subnautica Meta Quest 3 VR profile which enables keyboard free and mouse free play using some tools.  Also attached is the effect set used on the default Windows Zira voice for more immersion.

Even if you're not doing VR you might find some of the commands useful or inspiring.

I know that there are mods to enhance subnautica for VR, but for convenience of not having to trust modded software I ended up using what I already had on hand.

To get the Meta Quest 3 vr button commands in this profile to work you'll need to get the steam vr wheel by mdovgialo, I originally downloaded it for Dirt Rally 2.0 but it also has a "steam-vr-joystick.bat" file, which works for this (and without the virtual wheel).

Here's the version I used:
https://github.com/mdovgialo/steam-vr-wheel/releases/download/2.5.4a/steam-vr-wheel-2.5.4a.zip

You'll also need to get vJoy as mentioned here:
https://github.com/mdovgialo/steam-vr-wheel/releases

Then you'll need to set up the vJoy device and set it as a joystick in VA.

In this profile, the VR controls are as follows:
) A = left click.
) B = right click.
) Hold A&B = pda.
) Y = go forward.
) X = go backward.
) L/R Triggers for turning.
) L/R Grips for panning.
) X+Y = go up.
) LGrip+RGrip = go down.

If anyone figures out how to use Meta Quest 3 (or any) joysticks for motion using this kind of setup, please let me know!

More notes:

You may want to disable the command named "button go forward indefinitely" (It's LGrip+Y), as it somewhat conflicts with the motion controls.

If you find yourself constantly spinning, stop touching the L/R trigger button(s).

You'll want to make a VA command to launch the steam-vr-joystick.bat file when you start playing Subnautica.

Disclaimer: I checked the tools for viruses before I installed them and hope they are safe, but you alone are responsible for protecting your system.  If you find hazards, please inform us!

Feedback is appreciated! If you've made improvements or have your own Subnautica profile to share, please do so. Your contributions are welcome!
« Last Edit: October 11, 2024, 01:35:37 PM by EricM »