Author Topic: VoiceAttack with Arma Reforger?  (Read 532 times)

tartan

VoiceAttack with Arma Reforger?
« on: August 17, 2024, 09:37:41 AM »
Arma Reforger is Bohemia Interactive's successor to the wildly successful Arma 3. It uses BI's new game engine and allows people on console to play with people on PC. Reforger is already very good, with large communities growing around it.

* Is there any official support on VoiceAttack for Arma Reforger, now or planned?
* How well have people been able to use VA profiles designed for Arma3 on Reforger?
* Can anybody suggest some resources on how to setup VA to help control AI units in the game?
* Are there any standard mappings to use?

SemlerPDX

• Global Moderator
  • Upstanding Lunatic
    • My AVCS Homepage
Re: VoiceAttack with Arma Reforger?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2024, 01:45:13 PM »
VoiceAttack does not need to provide official support for any game, it is an application that allows us to create voice commands which perform actions which we have set for it to enact upon recognition of commands respectively.

I have not yet seen any public profiles for Arma Reforger posted here or on VoiceAttack Discord.

VoiceAttack is great at pressing keyboard keys upon recognition of a voice command, and this could be used in any creative way you can imagine to say something and have a key or keypress macro enacted in Arma Reforger, such as controlling units.  You'd start in the Arma Reforger controls screens to see what actions you can set to keys, and which ones would do well as a voice command instead of a keyboard key.  Obviously, some actions we want to only control with our hands for maximum control over the time it takes to act, and voice commands are best suited for actions which are not extremely time sensitive such as commanding troops through keypresses or keypress macros.

There would not be any standard mappings beyond the default provided by Arma Reforger, and if you're interested in creating VoiceAttack profiles for public use, you might consider trying to follow these default key mappings as best as possible - or creating a way to read the user keyfile and parse each possible keypress and its callback to variables that can make your public profile work for any player regardless of their key bindings (with Event Log notes in VoiceAttack for those which are not yet bound and should be to use this public profile).

Best wishes and have fun!!

tartan

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2024, 09:14:26 AM »
Thank you.
There is meant to be (quite an advanced) project started for Arma3 using VoiceAttack. It is called Speakeasy. I think it is something like a profile for the Arma game on which Arma Reforger is based.

Maybe somebody knows where that project lives?
It lives here, I think:

https://forum.voiceattack.com/smf/index.php?topic=1494.0

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2024, 09:19:04 AM »
Maybe somebody knows where that project lives?
There's a link to its Discord in the forum topic the profile was posted in.

Also, thanks for the Discord link but that one doesn't work for me.
Doesn't work for you how, specifically? It does on my machine, both in Firefox and Chrome.