Author Topic: Hot key to open profiles  (Read 267 times)

johnbla

Hot key to open profiles
« on: August 02, 2024, 07:57:46 PM »
Hi, I am using VA with XPlane. I have about 6 profiles that I have configured. I would like to add a command at the top of each one so that when I press the keyboad shortcut for that profile it will open that profile and start executing the commands. It appears ATM that I have to change each profile manually. I hope I am clear in what I am trying to achieve. Thanks in advance.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Hot key to open profiles
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2024, 12:31:38 AM »
What you're describing can't work, as command from a profile that isn't loaded, logically won't be available.

What you can do, is to create a separate profile containing your shortcut commands, and configure that either as an included profile for all the profiles you want to switch between, meaning the switching would only be available while one of those profiles is loaded, or you can configure it as a global profile, meaning it'll be available in any loaded profile.

Configuring included profiles is done using the "Include commands from other profiles" option on the "Profile General" tab of the profile options window.
Configuring global profiles is done using the "Global Profiles" option on the "General" tab of the VoiceAttack options window.

johnbla

Re: Hot key to open profiles
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2024, 01:40:41 AM »
OK, thanks Pfiel.