Author Topic: Mouse position problem in star citizen  (Read 585 times)

Wolfhawk

Mouse position problem in star citizen
« on: July 27, 2024, 04:22:25 PM »
Hi

I can successfully move my mouse position, which works well on the desktop, and even selecting various options that needs to be clicked on when starting star citizen. But then strange things occur once inside the game. The behavior is the same irrespective of whether Star citizen is in windowed mode or full screen mode. The behavior is as follows.   On issuing the voice command, the mouse cursor does indeed move to the correct desired position as set up using the co-ordinates as selected with F8, but as soon as the cursor reaches the desired position, something weird happens, and the mouse cursor jumps to the bottom right of the screen. Is this a known issue? Is there something I need to set up to stop the mouse cursor jumping to the bottom right of the screen after the command is executed?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Mouse position problem in star citizen
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2024, 12:08:17 AM »
Are you using relative movement to make the mouse cursor visible first, as mentioned here?

Wolfhawk

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2024, 02:01:27 PM »
Hi. Yes. The mouse cursor is visible prior to issuing the command. I have animation on, so i can see the mouse move to the desired position in the time frame stated in the command, but when the cursor gets to the desired position, "something" (I know what) happens and I find the mouse cursor at the lower right corner of the screen.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2024, 12:36:55 AM »
when the cursor gets to the desired position, "something" (I know what) happens and I find the mouse cursor at the lower right corner of the screen.
What do you mean you "know what"?

What are the contents of the action list of your command?
Right-click the action list, choose "Copy All as Text" from the context menu, then paste here into a code block (click the # button)

Wolfhawk

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2024, 04:59:37 PM »
Hi

Sorry: "I know what" is a typo = its suppose to say "I know NOT what" or "I DON'T know what". Apologies for that.

I tried to "copy all as text" in the edit a profile window, but all I got on Right Click was "COPY" only - no option to copy as text. Gonna paste below and hope that works:

# #  Nothing pasted.

Below is the Command sequence from the Edit a command window. Essentially this selects the item under the cursor (that part works). Then it moves to the co-ordinates (the animation shows this as initially working) and is supposed to drop the item being dragged at the coordinates stated. But the moment it gets to the co-ords the cursor jumps to lower right corner of the screen.

#Hold left mouse button down
Pause 0.25 seconds
Move mouse cursor to screen coordinates (1625, 775)
Pause 1 second
Release left mouse button

#

Line 3 has Animate Movement checked with timing = 1 and steps = 20. I do see the cursor (and selected item) move toward the coords stated. Tried different variations of timeing and steps, as well as different coords, but in each case the moment the cursor gets to required coords the cursor jumps to bottom right of screen

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2024, 07:28:28 PM »
Does the same issue occur if you *don't* have the left mouse button held down?

To be clear: the jump occurs before the mouse button is released?

I tried to "copy all as text" in the edit a profile window, but all I got on Right Click was "COPY" only - no option to copy as text. Gonna paste below and hope that works:
Because that's not the action list. The action list is on the "Edit a Command" (and "Add a Command") window, under "When this command executes, do the following sequence:", I.E. what you refer to as "Command sequence" (it's a sequence of actions, not commands; this list is referred to as "Action List" in the official documentation).