Author Topic: Non Specific voice command  (Read 215 times)

Uzaree

Non Specific voice command
« on: July 14, 2024, 10:50:19 AM »
I'm sorry about the weird title, I wasn't sure how to word it. I want to issue a command:

Spoken:
I need information about the program (whatever I say)

Then I want the {GUID} to be returned for that program.

I want it opened ended like that so I can say Notepad, Edge, or whatever.

I was playing with {GUID} and it returns a number, but I am guessing it's the GUID of Voice attack.

Is this possible?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Non Specific voice command
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2024, 11:06:55 AM »
As the documentation notes, the "{GUID}" token generates a random GUID.

Press F1 while VoiceAttack has focus to open VoiceAttackHelp.pdf in your default PDF viewer, which contains information on VoiceAttack's features.

To retrieve niche information like that, you'd need to write an inline function.

Wildcard commands are technically possible when using the SAPI speech recognition system, however the words used would need to be present in the Microsoft speech recognition dictionary.

If you're looking to speak the name of a running process or a window title (or other information that can be used to build predefined phrases), you could use the "Wait For Spoken Response" action instead.

Uzaree

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2024, 11:33:39 AM »
If using the wait for spoken response I would have to put in every possible combination I wanted, correct?  If that is the case, that isn't what I was trying to do.

The only thing in the PDF file when searching for {GUID} that comes up is

{GUID} - Renders as a GUID (36-character unique identifier)

and one other time in the Capture Audio sections.

Uzaree

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2024, 11:44:29 AM »
I guess a work around to get the information I want is to just use the active window options:

Code: [Select]
Write [Blue] 'The active window {ACTIVEWINDOWTITLE} {ACTIVEWINDOWPROCESSNAME} {ACTIVEWINDOWPROCESSID} {ACTIVEWINDOWPATH}' to log