Author Topic: Verified Publisher notice  (Read 411 times)

TheHighlander

Verified Publisher notice
« on: July 06, 2024, 05:51:13 AM »
Hi,

I expected this question to have been asked before, but a search didn't turn anything up.

Each time I start Voice Attack in Windows10 I get the message that VoiceAttack is not from a verified publisher, accompanied by an annoying windows ding.

Is there a way of preventing that message to appear?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Verified Publisher notice
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2024, 09:16:09 AM »
Where did you download your copy of VoiceAttack?

VoiceAttack's executable is signed. For a copy from the VoiceAttack.com website, or the Steam version, no such message should appear.

TheHighlander

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2024, 02:34:04 AM »
I can't quite remember, but I installed it because I wanted to use the HCS Voicepacks. Perhaps they supplied an install for Voice Attack.

TheHighlander

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2024, 02:39:49 AM »
I have to correct my question apparently. The VoiceAttack executable IS actually signed and Windows is notifying me that the application is about to make changes to my system (along with the annoying ding sound).

So this is not about not being verified, sorry.

Is there anything I can do (apart from disabling the notifications altogether) to prevent this notification appearing?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2024, 02:41:49 AM »
Have you purchased a license for VoiceAttack itself? Third-party HCS Voice Packs products do not include such a license, it must be purchased separately, either from Steam or VoiceAttack.com

TheHighlander

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2024, 03:01:17 AM »
I fixed it :)

The notification I'm getting is from User Account Control. There's no way (except by using external tools) to prevent this message from happening.

But I CAN disable the annoying ding by simply remapping the "User Account Control" sound to "none". Just right click on the sound icon in the task bar, click Sounds, find the "User Account Control" sound and set it to none.

SemlerPDX

• Global Moderator
  • Upstanding Lunatic
    • My AVCS Homepage
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2024, 01:36:05 PM »
I fixed it :)

The notification I'm getting is from User Account Control. There's no way (except by using external tools) to prevent this message from happening.

But I CAN disable the annoying ding by simply remapping the "User Account Control" sound to "none". Just right click on the sound icon in the task bar, click Sounds, find the "User Account Control" sound and set it to none.

I also prefer to run my UAC with high settings, and so running some program 'As Administrator' like VoiceAttack results in a pop-up YES/NO prompt (I don't have any windows sounds on at all, I dislike them).  I feel your pain.

Luckily, there is a fairly easy workaround that allows you to create a desktop shortcut to launch VoiceAttack (as admin) and bypass the UAC prompt altogether without removing the UAC sound effect and without having to confirm launch.

Check out this step-by-step post on how to use the Windows Task method to launch any program "as admin" under high UAC settings without being pestered by the UAC prompt - if you have any questions, I'm happy to help:

How to Launch VoiceAttack as Admin with no UAC prompt - Task Method