Author Topic: VA Not Executing Commands Involving a Single NUMPAD Key  (Read 249 times)

mkel2010

VA Not Executing Commands Involving a Single NUMPAD Key
« on: June 29, 2024, 08:00:32 PM »
I'm using VA with DCS. I've created some commands to access snap views and the command sequence for DCS is LCtrl+0 followed by a single Numpad key, i.e., Numpad1, numpad2, etc.

The first command is a press and release after .0001 seconds and then the second part of the command, also a press and release, is supposed to execute. The sequence ends by the system saying a phrase to let me know the command is complete.

What happens is the first part of the command executes (the screen view changes to the Numpad 0 view and then the phrase plays, but the command that should be the single numpad key never executes. I've also tried adding pauses up to 5 seconds. At one point I got one command to sort of work with a one second pause, but when I changed the pause to a half second, the command wouldn't work.

I've gotten the sequence to work partially if there is a totally unrelated command that executes first.

I'm not sure where to go from here to get this to work.

Gary

• Administrator
Re: VA Not Executing Commands Involving a Single NUMPAD Key
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2024, 08:50:03 PM »
You will want to make sure that you do not have a command that is simultaneously pressing down a modifier key (such as ALT) while you are executing the command.  Also, make sure that you are not physically pressing a modifier key or have another app that is pressing a modifier key.

Hope that helps!

mkel2010

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2024, 09:37:49 PM »
You will want to make sure that you do not have a command that is simultaneously pressing down a modifier key (such as ALT) while you are executing the command.  Also, make sure that you are not physically pressing a modifier key or have another app that is pressing a modifier key.

Hope that helps!

Here are the commands I'm using:

Press Right Ctrl+Numpad 0 keys and hold for 0.001 seconds and release
Pause 2 seconds
Press Numpad 1 key and hold for 0.001 seconds and release
Say, 'Left rear panel view'

I don't believe there are any other modifiers being pressed and I'm not touching the keyboard at the time the command runs.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2024, 12:45:44 AM »
Try increasing the hold down times for your keypress actions. 1ms is much too short for the majority of games. Something like 60ms or 100ms would be more appropriate.

mkel2010

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2024, 08:41:01 PM »
Try increasing the hold down times for your keypress actions. 1ms is much too short for the majority of games. Something like 60ms or 100ms would be more appropriate.

Increasing the hold down time to .1 second seems to have solved the issue with the numpad key not responding. Thank you.