Author Topic: Voiceattack takes something from my chat conversations and executes commands.  (Read 1318 times)

lekosama

Voiceattack takes something from my chat conversations and executes commands without me wanting it to.

Hello, everyone,
I'm quadriplegic and I use voiceattck in everything I try to play.
But I always have the same problem.
I use basic commands: to move left, right, backwards and forwards and left mouse to shoot.

The problem is that as I talk to my friends in the game, voiceattack picks up on what I've said and executes a command, for example: walk left or sometimes shoot by itself.

I've looked into everything and I can't stop it.
I want it to execute the command only when I say it: example (LEFT), to move left...

I hope I've managed to explain my problem.
Please help me.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
As with any speech recognition software, the Microsoft speech recognition system is designed to recognize speech, so that's what it'll do when you provide it with input.

This is comparable to pressing random keys on a keyboard, or clicking in random locations with a mouse, which would also lead to unintentional effects.

The way around that would be to suspend listening while you're not issuing commands, either using a physical control, if that is feasible for you (multiple options for that are available on the "Hotkeys" tab of the VoiceAttack options window), or spoken commands containing the "Make VoiceAttack Start Listening", "Make VoiceAttack Stop Listening", and/or "Make VoiceAttack Toggle Listening" actions.