Author Topic: can you click uac with VA?  (Read 7211 times)

Hammerschaedel

can you click uac with VA?
« on: September 14, 2016, 10:58:26 AM »
hi, i want to start teamsspeak with VA. My problem is that when i execute the command Teamspak open, a UAC Window pos open, but i cant get VA to click left and return after the windows pop up. Has anybody managed to get this to work? any Ideas?

iceblast

Re: can you click uac with VA?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2016, 01:19:32 PM »
Personally, I just turn UAC off. UAC is mainly there, to prevent programs installing without permission, yet, malware still gets on anyway. Making UAC just a inconvenience to the user.

Now, malware is practically a non-issue. So, it just makes UAC even more pointless. I haven't run UAC in a decade, and haven't had a problem.

Been repairing computers for 22 years. UAC never stopped the thousands of computers infected with malware, that I've cleaned, and last couple of years, malware has become pretty much a non-issue.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2016, 05:58:28 PM »
Sounds like you are trying to run Teamspeak in a higher security context than VoiceAttack.  Try running VoiceAttack as an administrator and see if that solves your problem.

If I have UAC turned all the way up and I have TS running as an administrator without VA running as an administrator, I get the UAC box.  If I run VA as an administrator, the box does not appear (they are both running at the same level).

You absolutely do not want any applications to be able to modify your UAC settings ;)

Technomancer

• I have a bad feeling about this...
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2016, 01:47:19 AM »
Personally, I just turn UAC off. UAC is mainly there, to prevent programs installing without permission, yet, malware still gets on anyway. Making UAC just a inconvenience to the user.

Now, malware is practically a non-issue. So, it just makes UAC even more pointless. I haven't run UAC in a decade, and haven't had a problem.

Been repairing computers for 22 years. UAC never stopped the thousands of computers infected with malware, that I've cleaned, and last couple of years, malware has become pretty much a non-issue.

I also repair software/hardware as a side job.

I second all that iceblast said.

LigerXT5

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2016, 11:12:42 PM »
I do not get a UAC for Teamspeak 3. Might check the executable (and/or shortcut) properties and make sure it's not trying to run as administrator.