Author Topic: newb alert!!!!! i need help im completely clueless how to get this to function  (Read 2128 times)

wonderluster

i have spent countless hours trying to get this software to work iv researched and watched hours and hours of different people offering profiles and and bindings and i cant seem to get a single one to work. everything i find related to the topic is over 2 years old with the earliest been 1 year old so please for the love of god can someone walk me through this. i dont care about professional voices i just want it to function. if i have to write my own code so be it but i need some insight as im clueless on where to start. i have the full version its paid for. but what i dont have is a paid eddi or hcs voice pack i see no value in paying for these things. because i can make my own if someone was willing to point me in the right direction.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Press F1 while VoiceAttack has focus to open VoiceAttackHelp.pdf in your default PDF viewer, which contains information on VoiceAttack's features.

These topics may also be of use, in addition to the official documentation:
Control flow (If, Else, ElseIf, Loop, Jump) basics
Variables and tokens summed up

Side note: as far as I'm personally aware (though I don't use that software myself), EDDI is open source and free of charge.

SemlerPDX

• Global Moderator
  • Upstanding Lunatic
    • My AVCS Homepage
...everything i find related to the topic is over 2 years old with the earliest been 1 year old...

While VoiceAttack is still actively being developed and refined, not just bug fixes but improvements ranging from minor quality-of-life helpers to entire new features such as the awesome 'Command Snippets' which arrived with this latest update, the core functionality of VoiceAttack has not changed much in 2 or even 5 years.

We create new profiles, and then edit those - we create new commands with new command phrases, and add actions which they should perform when we speak that/those command phrases for that particular command. These actions are similar to code blocks in that they perform programmatic functions and logic without us having to understand programming syntax, with humanized terms such as "Begin Condition" and "Set a Boolean Variable Value", and other straight-forward actions such as "Press and release a Keyboard Key", etc.

Mostly, new options and alternatives have been introduced over the years, new Tokens and better/easier ways of doing some things, but these core principles remain the same: Make a new profile, make a new command, add any actions you want from the actions buttons on the left of the Actions List when editing a command.

As Pfeil wrote, check the Help Manual and the two posts he linked.  These are the best way to get started, if tutorials are not doing it for you.

EDIT:  Pfeil is correct, EDDI is open source and free - if you use VoiceAttack for Elite Dangerous, I would highly recommend the EDDI Plugin for VoiceAttack, as well as the bindED plugin by Gary and refined by alterNERDtive (also open source and free), as these two are so absolutely helpful they should be considered default go-to add-ons for any VoiceAttack Elite Dangerous profile we may want to make, for personal or public use. I don't use HCS, but I know that the value there is not merely the voice commands themselves but the voice packs that can be used with them, such as having William Shatner as your co-pilot voice providing guided tours of the stars, and all sorts of entertaining and immersive features and commands beyond simply lowering landing gear or deploying weapons.