Author Topic: PTT  (Read 1410 times)

Lawheadrg

PTT
« on: April 27, 2023, 08:24:42 AM »
I am running latest versions of DCS, VA, Vaicom pro and CTS( program which configures Warthog switches to work with multiple aircraft using Target software). I think everything is loaded correctly, but it is all so complicated! I am having problems with comms. Am I correct in assuming that PTT means that VA listens only when the hotas hat switch is pressed, then stops listening when released? When I press the transmit switch, the correct frequency is activated, and VA starts listening. It keeps listening until I press the transmit button again. I’ve tried various options in the VA joystick configuration page with no avail. Any ideas?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: PTT
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2023, 08:37:26 AM »
As far as I'm aware, the third-party VAICOM PRO addon uses its own commands to change the listening state, rather than VoiceAttack's built in push-to-talk features.

You'd likely want to make sure the "Joystick Button Recognition" option on the "Hotkeys" tab of the VoiceAttack options window is disabled (click the "..." button and uncheck "Enable joystick global buttons" if it's currently checked)

If you are experiencing the behavior you've mentioned with the "Joystick Button Recognition" option disabled, you'd need to look to the VAICOM PRO profile and/or plugin.

Unfortunately, the third-party VAICOM PRO addon is no longer supported by its developer, however community support may be offered (on a voluntary basis) on their Discord, or the VAICOM section of the official DCS forums