Author Topic: VoiceAttack to say something  (Read 1215 times)

Capt Crap

VoiceAttack to say something
« on: February 26, 2023, 06:51:00 AM »
Just reinstalled VoiceAttack and creating a profile again but I can't seem to get VoiceAttack to say anything back to my Commands at all.
ie - If I say "hello" it is recognized but she says nothing. She is supposed to say, "Good day"

I need these responses so I can be assured she put my gear down when coming in for a landing etc.

I never had a problem before.
What did I forget to do?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: VoiceAttack to say something
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2023, 07:38:05 AM »
If you open the "hello" command, then double-click the "Say Something with Text-To-Speech" action ("Say, 'good day to you.'"), does left-clicking the "Preview" button result in any audible feedback?

Did you reinstall VoiceAttack on a machine that had a VoiceAttack installation previously?

Click the wrench icon on VoiceAttack's main window, and on the "General" tab of the VoiceAttack options window click "System info >", choose "Generate Settings Summary", then "Write to File"; Save the file and attach it to a post.

Capt Crap

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2023, 09:35:04 AM »
No, no audible feedback when I preview.

Yes I reinstalled on the same machine because I hadn't used VA for about a year and when I opened it up the other day none of my profiles were there anymore and I also had to register again.

Everything else is working as normal. Commands are recognized and my PC responds to them.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2023, 09:49:03 AM »
Uninstalling VoiceAttack does not delete the profile database, nor the settings file.
If you installed to a different location, the old settings file would not be used, however the profile database should be unless you're using a different user account.

You could have Windows search for "VoiceAttack.dat", which is the profile database file.

Looking at your settings, you have the "Audio Output Type" option on the "Audio" tab of the VoiceAttack options window set to "Legacy Audio".
The default and recommended setting is "Integrated Components"; You'll want to change it back to that.

You also have the "Override Default Playback Device" option explicitly set to your only playback device. That option does not apply to the "Say Something with Text-To-Speech" action, nor does it apply when the "Audio Output Type" option is set to anything but "Integrated Components".
That should not cause issues with text-to-speech playback, however.

After you try executing the command again after changing to "Integrated Components", if there is still no audible feedback, check the Windows volume mixer (which can be opened by holding the Alt key on your keyboard and clicking the wrench icon on VoiceAttack's main window) to make sure VoiceAttack is not muted.

Capt Crap

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2023, 12:35:55 PM »
It worked as soon as I changed "Override Default Playback Device" to Speakers Realtek ....after changing back to "Integrated Components"

So problem solved ...thanks!

:)