Author Topic: VAICOM with Stream Deck issue in DCS World  (Read 4001 times)

Nialfb

VAICOM with Stream Deck issue in DCS World
« on: February 06, 2023, 04:12:50 PM »
Hi Guys.

I have installed Voice Attack for DCS World and it works great. I also installed Viacom, again it works great. However, now my Stream Deck has stopped working!

Any ideas?

Thanks in anticipation
« Last Edit: February 07, 2023, 11:29:26 AM by Pfeil »

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Voice Attack in DCS World
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2023, 04:17:30 PM »
VoiceAttack itself does not directly interact with the Elgato StreamDeck, assuming that's what you're referring to.

Does this issue occur when VoiceAttack isn't running? If not, does disabling plugin support (by unchecking the "Enable Plugin Support" option on the "General" tab of the VoiceAttack options window and restarting VoiceAttack) make a difference?

Nialfb

Re: Voice Attack in DCS World
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2023, 02:18:52 AM »
Hi Pfeil

I noticed that after installing Voice Attack/Viacom the export.lua file from 'C:\Users\****\Saved Games\DCSopenbeta\scripts' had been overwritten and the 'Load the DCS ExportScript' line for the Stream Deck was missing. Once I had copied and pasted the necessary Stream Deck 'export.lua' and added it to the new 'Voice Attack' version of the export.lua file it all worked fine - well, nearly! I have chatter enabled and that works fine right up to the point I jump into a plane and then it stops. Maybe just a setting.

Incidently, the copying and pasting lines to the export.lua file is described in the installation documentation at ... https://github.com/s-d-a/DCS-ExportScripts/wiki/Documentation-in-English#Installation

Basically the installation doc says - If an "Export.lua" file of another software already exists, it must not be overwritten. In this case, the following lines must be added to the end of this file.

-- load the DCS ExportScript for DAC and Ikarus
dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[Scripts\DCS-ExportScript\ExportScript.lua]])

Nialfb

Re: Voice Attack with Stream Deck issue in DCS World
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2023, 03:11:00 AM »
I changed the title of this post to make it more specific.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: VAICOM with Stream Deck issue in DCS World
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2023, 11:30:46 AM »
Good that you worked out the issue.

I changed the title again to reflect that this is not a VoiceAttack issue, but rather the third-party VAICOM addon('s installer) overwriting a file.