Author Topic: The Wizard could not start  (Read 3567 times)

jfri

The Wizard could not start
« on: January 20, 2023, 09:55:22 AM »
After installing VoiceAttack on a new computer with Windows 11 I get this error message under options recognition utilities and add  remove dictionary word or speech training. My microphone is set up and working according to settings. I see level bar moving when talking.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: The Wizard could not start
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2023, 09:57:16 AM »
What is the full message? Do you have a screenshot?

If it mentions that the language configuration is not supported, that usually indicates that your Windows display language does not match the language of the speech recognition engine you're using.

When training the speech recognition system, the Windows display language must match the language of the speech recognition engine you're using (this is a Windows restriction, not specific to VoiceAttack).

After performing the training, you can switch back to your normal display language.
Speech recognition itself can work with mismatching display and engine languages, it's just relevant when making certain changes to the configuration (like training).

jfri

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2023, 12:12:09 PM »
Full message is
The Wizard  could not start
Make sure your audio hardware is working properly and check your audio configuration in the Audio Devices and Sound Themes control panel

I do have a Swedish version of Windows 11 so I think my display language is Swedish. In voiceatteck I have choosen a English USA engine

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2023, 12:20:54 PM »
Does the message change at all if you do set your Windows display language to US English?

jfri

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2023, 12:48:25 PM »
After that the message doen not appear at all. This seem to have solved the problem