Author Topic: Output dynamic text to speech to be typed in a document  (Read 906 times)

Hedge Hog

Output dynamic text to speech to be typed in a document
« on: January 06, 2023, 05:55:38 AM »
Thank you in advance. I have looked through the documentation, forums and about everywhere else. I have not been able to find an answer to my problem.
I use VA for many programs. Mainly Games, but I have come across a use for VA that would help me a lot.

I am looking for a way to get the dynamic text to speech output to type the response of what is said in a document. Be it word, Gmail, the active window or notepad.

For example: I say "Hello" VA responds with audio output of Hi, Greetings, What's up?. or such that I have set in the profile. I am not wanting to type what I said into the microphone (Dictation) only the response that VA replies with.
I would like to be able to have the output sent to a text document.

How can I do this?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Output dynamic text to speech to be typed in a document
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2023, 06:04:58 AM »
There is no method for retrieving what the "Say Something with Text-To-Speech" action synthesized.

If you want the same text to be spoken and typed out, you'd need to generate the response outside of the "Say Something with Text-To-Speech" action, store it in a variable, and use the value of that variable in both the "Say Something with Text-To-Speech" action, and the action you're using to type out the text (E.G. "Quick Input")

E.G.
Code: [Select]
Set text [~response] to '{TXTRANDOM:Hi;Greetings;What's up?}'
Say, '{TXT:~response}'
Quick Input, '{TXT:~response}'
« Last Edit: January 06, 2023, 07:52:20 AM by Pfeil »

Hedge Hog

Re: Output dynamic text to speech to be typed in a document
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2023, 07:51:09 AM »
Thank you.  After a few tries, I was able to use what you sent me and get the results that I wanted.