Author Topic: Mic is muted  (Read 2583 times)

graemeg2112

Mic is muted
« on: November 28, 2022, 02:41:30 AM »
Hi,
I'm having trouble with the mic. Voice attack mutes the mic but it is active in windows. I can see the sound bar moving when I check it in settings but in VA it is still muted and I can't unmute it. I have a g533 headset. Can you help please?
Thank you :-)

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Mic is muted
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2022, 02:57:28 AM »
If you're referring to a red microphone icon appearing in the top right-hand corner of the main window, that's an indication that the speech recognition system is reporting a lack of input.

VoiceAttack (v1.10.3 or newer) does not mute any devices by itself.

Make sure the "Disable Acoustic Echo Cancellation (could help with recognition)" option on the "Recognition" tab of the VoiceAttack options window is enabled (checked), and that the "Windows Speech Recording Device" option on that same tab is set to either the "Default - "-prefixed option (assuming your headset microphone is configured as the Windows default multimedia recording device), or your headset microphone specifically (if it is not the Windows default multimedia recording device).

There have been issues with Logitech's software where the microphone doesn't function correctly (which is not specific to VoiceAttack).

Unfortunately, another user encountered this issue, and is reporting that with the latest software installed, they're still encountering the issue.

If the issue is occuring after muting the microphone by using a mute button on the headset, or moving the microphone upward, they mention unchecking the "NOISE REMOVAL" option in the Logitech software has been reported to help, according to Reddit posts (they linked specifically to https://www.reddit.com/r/LogitechG/comments/qpeexl/g935_mic_stops_working_after_i_flip_to_mute_other/)

They did disable and re-enable the device (I would assume rebooting using the "Restart" option in the Windows start menu would also work), which may be what allowed it to start working correctly again.
As I recall, certain Reddit poster had unchecking that option work for them, others did not, so results apparently vary.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2022, 07:11:59 AM by Pfeil »