Author Topic: Send VA to headset  (Read 4307 times)

iPrey

Send VA to headset
« on: September 06, 2016, 12:09:45 AM »
Where is the option in VoiceAttack for "Output" Device?

Ex.
I have desktop speakers which most of my sound comes through...
and I have a headset (microphone and headphones)

I can use the headset to speak To (input) voiceAttack, but, the response still come out of my main desktop speakers.

I need VA to talk to me in my headset.

Also, I do Not want the headset to be my "Default Device" for sound cause I do not want Every sound the computer makes to come through the headset.

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Send VA to headset
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2016, 10:19:33 AM »
VoiceAttack uses the Windows speech engine to do it's thing.  The provided speech engine components only work on the default input device. Additionally, VoiceAttack uses Windows Media components for sound output.  Those components only work with the default output device.  I am looking at other options regarding the sound output device, however the input will remain. 

The only (free) suggestion I can make is to have your default devices (input and output) go to your headset and have your other applications send their output to your speakers.  You may also want to look at something like Virtual Audio Cable (not free) and see if that may be used to create the setup you are looking for.

Edit:  I totally spaced on that one...  the speech engine input can be changed:  http://voiceattack.com/smf/index.php?topic=63.0
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 08:15:37 PM by Gary »