Author Topic: Unable to untick Disable Acoustic Echo Cancellation  (Read 2153 times)

aryoff

Unable to untick Disable Acoustic Echo Cancellation
« on: July 31, 2022, 06:54:47 PM »
I want to enable Acoustic Echo Cancellation, however whatever i do, it always tick (disable) the checkbox.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Unable to untick Disable Acoustic Echo Cancellation
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2022, 07:05:27 PM »
That is a system-wide option that likely makes a change in the Windows registry. If VoiceAttack is being prevented from writing to the registry, that would result in the option keeping its previous state.

Normally it shouldn't be necessary for this, but have you tried running VoiceAttack as administrator?

aryoff

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2022, 01:02:35 AM »
yes, already tried it to no avail, i can tick/untick the disable adaptive recognition option above it no problem, but the acoustic echo, although it says "will take effect the next time VoiceAttack starts", when i restart it, it got ticked again instead

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2022, 09:50:40 AM »
As Pfeil had indicated, that option is directly tied to registry changes.  Unfortunately, VA is not indicating that an error is occurring while setting the value in your registry.  Why the registry cannot be updated is something that will need to be sorted out before the value can be written.

Are you having trouble with recognition?  If not, this setting will not provide any benefit.  If so, and you cannot edit your registry, you'll want to find out what application is interfering - normally Nahimic would be a usual culprit.

On a side note, I've received your support email regarding this-  I'll continue here.

aryoff

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2022, 12:50:38 AM »
the recognition problem i have is VA recognized ALL SPEECH from my game  ;D , i'm playing using my laptop, and when i play using speaker, VA keep recognizing all kind of commands that i setup, hence why i want to enable Echo Cancellation system

aryoff

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2022, 12:54:11 AM »
if the option is written to registry, is the a documentation which key ? i'm quite comfortable editing registry keys manually

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2022, 07:40:59 AM »
Iirc, it’s a series of settings.  From what you have described, changing that setting will not help.  The only solution for the situation you are describing is to use a headset- the speech recognition is not quite to the point where it can effectively work in that scenariio, unfortunately.