Author Topic: VA does not launch properly  (Read 2343 times)

dabrenntes

VA does not launch properly
« on: May 08, 2022, 09:36:31 PM »
Hi.

After using VA once for just a couple of minutes i decided to purchase the full version.
Before i could do that I had something else to finish up in between so i eventually forgot about it.
Now the next time I tried to start the program, it didn't launch it (properly). Only hours have passed
between those two application starts. Not 21 days or whatever the test period is.

Now when I try to launch the app it's only running as a windows process (windows 10) but it does not work.

What I have tried so far:

-multiple re-installations
-multiple registry cleanings (also manually)
-deactivating my anti virus
-running in safe mode
-running as admin
-deactivating firewall

When I kill the process in windows and try to start the app as with ad. rights it states that the app
has not been closed properly the last time and asks me if I want to run it without certain plugins activated.
I have tried several constellations without success. The application never opens.

Regards

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: VA does not launch properly
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2022, 09:44:52 PM »
VoiceAttack configuration data is stored in a config file under %localappdata%\VoiceAttack.com rather than in the registry.

The profile database and its backups can be found under %Appdata%\VoiceAttack

Try moving the VoiceAttack.com folder to a safe location, and starting VoiceAttack again.

If it starts after doing so, attach the user.config file to a post here, as it may be useful in preventing such an issue in the future.

Otherwise, try the same thing with the folder containing the profile database.

dabrenntes

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2022, 07:42:04 AM »
Sorry I forgot to mention I have done these steps as well Pfeil. No success

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2022, 12:12:26 PM »
There is a previous report of these symptoms, here. That user reinstalled Windows, which resolved it.