Author Topic: Google Search  (Read 976 times)

sodkgb

Google Search
« on: May 07, 2022, 05:36:09 PM »
I would like to search google for "X".  It is possible if the voiceattack system has each word as a variable.

Say: Google Search for "keyword or key phrase"

https://www.google.com/search?q=voice+attach+google+search

This may already be done, just my first time using the software and searched online and this forum with no luck?

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Google Search
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2022, 08:34:13 PM »
You would want to use a wildcard for that, combined with a 'Run an Application' action.
For instance, you would want to have a command with a spoken phrase of 'search for*'.  The idea is that whatever you say after, 'search for' will be the search term.  You can access that value by using the token {CMD_AFTER} (which is the portion of the spoken phrase AFTER the asterisk (*)).  If you execute a 'Run an application' action using that token, you should be able to get close to what you're after (see attached images).

I say, 'close', as the Windows speech engine is not exceptionally adept at picking up words/phrases that are not predefined.  That is, if you define your spoken phrases ahead of time, the speech engine is very good at recognizing what is said.  If you are using wildcards, the speech engine (which is not very contextually tuned) is going to make best guesses as to what you are saying.  That might end up being a little frustrating at times (your mileage may vary).

Hope that helps!

sodkgb

Re: Google Search
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2022, 06:53:43 AM »
Thank you very much, I did some research and slightly modified a YouTube Search Code into a Google Search Code see attached: