Author Topic: DCS Issues with the F-16?  (Read 2101 times)

Venom

DCS Issues with the F-16?
« on: February 26, 2022, 08:37:46 AM »
I am having issues with the F-16 in DCS. The issues seem to be isolated to that module and they only started a couple of patches ago. I will say the issue is in DCS' side but I want to make sure VA is not interfering.

When trying to communicate with ATC in DCS, we use \. With the F-16, some people including me, are forced to use Right ALT + \ for Comm1 and Right CTRL + \  for Comm 2. Easy comms should allow us to use only \ but that is not the case.

I have Easy comms on in both DCS and in VA, unless I am reading this incorrectly? Unchecked means I am using EasyComms ON?

Anyone else having these issues?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: DCS Issues with the F-16?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2022, 08:42:33 AM »
VoiceAttack itself does not have an "Easy comms" setting; are you using a third-party addon? VAICOM, perhaps?

Does what you are describing apply to physical keyboard input as well? If so, does it still apply while VoiceAttack is not running?

Venom

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2022, 08:44:18 AM »
Yes, it happens when VA is not running. That is why I think is on DCS side but I want to make sure VA does not inject something as many of my friends who dont use VA dont have the problem.

The setting in my screenshot above is confusing

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2022, 09:17:03 AM »
VoiceAttack itself does not inject anything into that third-party application, no. It does not alter its files, either.

Whether this applies to the third-party VAICOM addon you're using, and what the settings on their configuration panel do, you'll want to ask them directly.

Their support page lists a thread on the Eagle Dynamics forums, and an email address.

There is an unofficial, community-run Discord as well, which may be able to assist with certain issues.