Author Topic: Listening  (Read 1176 times)

comrade14

Listening
« on: February 17, 2022, 04:03:29 PM »
Hello, I'm trying to set it up so voice attack is only listening when pressing a TX keybind, the problem I'm running into is that sometimes it's recognizing I'm pressing the keybind, but won't resume listening. An example would be I press the bind and it listens fine, I press it again and it stops working like it's supposed to, but if I were toggle on and off back and forth it recognizes I'm pressing the bind but just wont start to "listen". I'm also using the Viacom plugin, but it seems to be doing it even without plug ins enabled. What am I doing wrong? Here's what the log looks like:

you can see toward the end it finally worked correctly and resumed listening when I pressed the bind.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Listening
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2022, 04:12:38 PM »
Does the bar at the bottom of VoiceAttack's main window move when you're not speaking?

This can occur when the speech recognition system is receiving input, as it will wait for the input to finish so it can perform speech recognition on it.

Enabling the "Reject Pending Speech" option on the "Recognition" tab of the VoiceAttack options window should work around that.

If there is background or line noise coming into the speech recognition system, that can affect recognition accuracy as well.
The '"I'm not saying anything but VoiceAttack keeps hearing things"' section of this topic may have some relevant suggestions.

comrade14

Re: Listening
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2022, 04:40:32 PM »
Does the bar at the bottom of VoiceAttack's main window move when you're not speaking?

This can occur when the speech recognition system is receiving input, as it will wait for the input to finish so it can perform speech recognition on it.

Enabling the "Reject Pending Speech" option on the "Recognition" tab of the VoiceAttack options window should work around that.

If there is background or line noise coming into the speech recognition system, that can affect recognition accuracy as well.
The '"I'm not saying anything but VoiceAttack keeps hearing things"' section of this topic may have some relevant suggestions.

Thank you! I enabled "reject pending speech" and it's working correctly now.