Author Topic: How do I setup VoiceAttack with Virtual Desktop on Quest 2  (Read 1032 times)

sj3vans

How do I setup VoiceAttack with Virtual Desktop on Quest 2
« on: February 05, 2022, 05:11:34 PM »
I'm looking to setup VoiceAttack (purcahsed) with Elite Dangerous SteamVR version via Virtual Desktop App on Quest 2 VR. Everything seems to be in order except VoiceAttack doesn't seem to be getting any audio once Virtual Desktop connects the Quest 2 to Elite Dangerous via SteamVR.  I hear thew game audio coming out of the Quest 2 speakers, but nothing from VoiceAttack when I test it.  VoiceAttack has Virtual Desktop chosen for both mic and speakers.  I've heard this works but can't find any details if there is something else I need to do.  Anyone have any guidance? 

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: How do I setup VoiceAttack with Virtual Desktop on Quest 2
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2022, 05:16:50 PM »
Does VoiceAttack appear not to be receiving audio, producing audio, or both?

Click the wrench icon on VoiceAttack's main window, and on the "General" tab of the VoiceAttack options window click "System info >", choose "Generate Settings Summary", then "Write to File"; Save the file and attach it to a post here.

sj3vans

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2022, 06:16:59 AM »
Ok, it didn't make sense to me that this was VoiceAttack so I kept digging and found that a VPN client I was using had reports of audio issues.  I uninstalled it and everything is working perfectly now.  Just to summarize, I'm now successfully running VoiceAttack with mic and speakers set to Virtual Desktop (a Quest 2 App that allows playing PCVR games wirelessly).  In this case, I'm using Virtual Desktop to play SteamVR version of Elite Dangerous.  Everything is working as expected now.  Thanks!

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2022, 07:16:29 AM »
Are you at liberty to share which VPN client you were using, for future reference?

sj3vans

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2022, 02:50:57 PM »
Not at this point.  They are a fairly new start-up which my company is helping get into the SASE market.  They are aware of the issue and say it is an interaction with a recent Windows update.  I'm going to continue to troubleshoot it with them until resolved, so I don't expect it's a long-term incompatibility.  If they don't fix it though, I'll be sure to drop their name (and probably will have dropped them too).