Author Topic: ED - Diffrent profiles connected to each other  (Read 1628 times)

Incurable-Rash

ED - Diffrent profiles connected to each other
« on: August 27, 2021, 11:16:24 AM »
I have 5 different profiles, that separate out certain functions for ed horizons and Odyssey. The profiles have different ways of performing those functions depending on which version is running, ie setting destinations to systems. Currently VA accesses all the profiles without them be linked to any one profile.
any suggestions?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: ED - Diffrent profiles connected to each other
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2021, 11:19:19 AM »
What is your question, exactly?

Incurable-Rash

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2021, 05:14:00 PM »
I have not linked any of these profile together, but the main two that I am using is accessing the commands in the profiles that not linked. I have to delete the profile from the list to stop them from being accessed. It there another way to link other profile commands than through the options of a specific profile.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2021, 07:26:04 PM »
Commands in one profile would only be available in another if they're explicitly configured that way, either in the options of a given active profile (the "Include commands from other profiles" option), or at the global level (the "Global Profiles" option on the "General" tab of the VoiceAttack options window).

Incurable-Rash

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2021, 09:01:01 PM »
yep some of the commands were in both but not all. so if some are in both they are linked if I understand you?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2021, 09:09:21 PM »
If the profiles are configured that way. There is no method for including arbitrary commands into another profile (importing/copying aside), it's always the entire profile.

If the profiles aren't either in the list of the "Include commands from other profiles" or "Global Profiles" option, they're not "linked".

The "Include commands from other profiles" option is only one-way, as well. If profile A is the active profile, and it has profile B in its "Include commands from other profiles" list, that does not mean the commands from profile A would also be available in profile B while that is the active profile instead.

Only the profiles in the "Global Profiles" list are available regardless of which profile is active.