Author Topic: Can VoiceAttack itself be minimized to System Tray?  (Read 1365 times)

varxtis

Can VoiceAttack itself be minimized to System Tray?
« on: June 13, 2021, 11:56:23 PM »
The Subject line pretty much explains the goal, Can VoiceAttack itself be minimized to System Tray? Idk why, but I  feel like VoiceAttack is something of a background program and should be able to minimize to the system tray, but I can't find any information on how to do it. Probably something stupid simple that's staring me in the face. Any help is appreciated.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Can VoiceAttack itself be minimized to System Tray?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2021, 09:13:34 AM »
Click the wrench icon on VoiceAttack's main window, then on the "General" tab of the VoiceAttack options window enable the "Minimize to System Tray" option, click "OK", click "OK", then restart VoiceAttack.

Press F1 while VoiceAttack has focus to open VoiceAttackHelp.pdf in your default PDF viewer, which contains information on VoiceAttack's features.

varxtis

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2021, 09:38:34 AM »
 :-[ I uh. . . . Im just gonna go crawl in a hole now.
Seriously, I scrubbed the options looking at each box. Im real sorry. But I thank you very much for your help and patience.

adora

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2021, 03:59:40 PM »
I did notice when I had it set to "Minimize to System Tray" sometimes I would lose the VA window when I needed to pull it back up.

VA would still work in the background but if I wanted to edit something it seemed like it was on another screen (I only have 1 monitor and 1 desktop). Closing it and re-opening it would launch it in the bottom left of my screen. This is not where it was when I lost track of it (losing track could be closing the window to the notification bar.

That being said, I went back to having it in the taskbar since clicking the application while running did draw it back.

Not sure if this was something specific to me, if not I'd like to hear about it.