Author Topic: Mouse movement stutters when VoiceAttack is running  (Read 2354 times)

Stoop

Mouse movement stutters when VoiceAttack is running
« on: June 12, 2021, 01:38:26 PM »
Whenever I run VoiceAttack my USB mouse movement gets jerky every few seconds, just seems to stop reacting for a second or two.

Is this a known issue that has a fix?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Mouse movement stutters when VoiceAttack is running
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2021, 01:42:08 PM »
No, as far as I can recall that's not something that has been reported before.

Does this still occur if you open the VoiceAttack options window by clicking the wrench icon on the main window, and keep it open?

Are you using any third-party plugins or profiles (E.G. HCS Voice Packs, VAICOM)? If not, do you have any commands running in the background?

mcb

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2021, 11:50:11 AM »
Just wanted to say that I have the same issue. Mouse stutters for like 50-100ms when executing a command via keypress (keyboard). I will play with it some more and try reinstalling, using different settings and Windows settings.

EDIT: I fixed it by deleting the folder (that ONLY contains your VA configs/settings) in:
C:\Users\[USER]\AppData\Local\VoiceAttack.com and then reinstalling Voiceattack.

If anyone else has this issue, DO NOT UNINSTALL RIGHT AWAY. Please remember to go to your %appdata% folder and make a backup of the "voiceattack" folder (so you don't lose your scripts/macros). This folder shouldn't be deleted upon uninstalling VA, however you should backup it so you can delete the one in appdata. Hope this helps.

EDIT EDIT: I figured it was all due to having smaller input/keypress length (e.g. 16ms) in a command in Voiceattack that caused the mouse stutter. Way to fix it is to increase the length of an input in your command that causes it.

EDIT EDIT EDIT: Please don't listen to me. I have no idea what I'm talking about. I'll give an update down the line if I ever fully fix it.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2021, 01:17:40 PM by McBenis »

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2021, 01:49:36 PM »
Also something to point out is that a relatively recent update of Windows had thrown off the way timing was working in VA.  The latest update (v1.8.9) contains a fix for that particular timing issue, so, my recommendation would be to try that version first.

mcb

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2021, 12:36:17 PM »
Also something to point out is that a relatively recent update of Windows had thrown off the way timing was working in VA.  The latest update (v1.8.9) contains a fix for that particular timing issue, so, my recommendation would be to try that version first.

Hi Gary. I think you're referring to https://randomascii.wordpress.com/2020/10/04/windows-timer-resolution-the-great-rule-change/. Well I had major issues with that as well, but Pfeil helped me to get the version of VA that had a fix for it.

Regarding the mouse stuttering, I don't want to shed too much light on this as it might've just been a problem at my end because I have 100+ different profiles usually filled with 20-40 commands — moreover it's probably a minor conflict somewhere with my many profiles interacting with my many other referenced commands.

I've fixed my issue by deleting the folder called "VoiceAttack" in C:\Users\[USER]\AppData\Roaming (Remember to backup the folder or export the profiles you wish to keep). I also deleted my settings folder called "VoiceAttack.com" in C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local (remember to backup the folder if you somehow wish to keep your settings). Lastly I reinstalled VoiceAttack.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2021, 01:55:12 PM by McBenis »

mcb

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2021, 01:54:15 PM »
UPDATE:

FIX: Disable "High DPI scaling behaviour". It should be disabled by default.

If the solution above doesn't work; try to keep VoiceAttack minimized when you're using it.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2021, 07:31:08 PM by McBenis »